5Ghz not showing on devices with new router

bijoux

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Hey guys, I upgraded my RT-AC51 for the RT-AC3100 and just as the title says, I'm having problems with the 5Ghz band. I actually imported it from the US to here in Spain (I don't know if that matters at all apart from hellish returning procedures). Everything else about it is working fine, it's just that the 5Ghz is not being "seen" by my devices. I tried the latest two firmware updates and Merlin (which is what I currently have) but still nothing. I tried to contact ASUS themselves but I haven't gotten a reply yet. I'd like to not regret spending over €200 on this thing but at least the range is super good... I guess...

Thanks in advance!

bijoux

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

Sorry, forgot to add that important detail lol. Yes, they indeed support it. My PC has the PCE-AC68. I also have a Nexus 6P and a Nexus 7 2013.

bijoux

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

The "Hide SSID" option is disabled if that's what you mean. There isn't a "enable 5Ghz band" option and on my old router, it just worked.

Sep 28, 2018

Did you ever figure out a solution? I am having the same issue and having a tough time with ASUS as well.
Any feedback would be great.