[SOLVED] 5ghz problem

Apr 8, 2019
Hi everyone,I have a problem that bugs me for almost two days.I have tp-link AC600 T2UH wireless adapter connected into my pc and when I'm connected on android hotspot with 2,4 bandwith it works,but when I change on 5ghz on my android,my adapter cannot find my phone's hotspot anymore.I tried to restart drivers,changing numbers in region,preffer 5hgz but still nothing.I have also latest drivers for my pc so if anyone know how to solve this problem I would buy him a pizza from Domino's :D

Solution
I had an Archer router that for no reason disconnected during larger downloads. Only during downloads. You can imagine that I tried a lot of things. Guess what: an ASUS router fixed the issue. So, to come back to your question "why if it support 5ghz?". Because it does not work and you can not fix it.
Apr 8, 2019
why if it support 5ghz? I mean,I read that post but it don't gives me specific reason why shoudld I return it..btw,I can't do that anyway because I own it for almost 2 months

I had an Archer router that for no reason disconnected during larger downloads. Only during downloads. You can imagine that I tried a lot of things. Guess what: an ASUS router fixed the issue. So, to come back to your question "why if it support 5ghz?". Because it does not work and you can not fix it.

Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
considering you are using this from a hotspot, the 5 ghz is not really needed anyway. the hotspot is probably not even close to fully using the 2.4 ghz bandwidth, so the 5 ghz is not needed in reality.

rather than spending all this time fighting with something that is not even needed, just use the 2.4 ghz band and enjoy the access. i highly doubt you are getting 150 mb/s from your hotspot to even worry about such things.

Apr 8, 2019
I guess you are right, my max download is 50-55Mbps,not even close to fully 150 that I should have so... thank you guys anyway,only I can do is wait for my new internet to come into my apartment.