[SOLVED] 5v add header help

Nov 4, 2018
Hello! I need your help.

I bought a SSD TeamGrouo delta r Rgb 250gb (5V header).
My motherboard is H370 gaming pro carbon and have to conector. 12V and 5V add header. But I have a cpu cooler that needs the 5V add header for the fans leds.. And I can't connect the SSD to there because it's ocupatied.

What can I do?

Solution
So you need to connect TWO ADDR RGB devices to a single mobo ADDR RGB header. What you need is a simple RGB Splitter like this

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAE308828143&Description=RGB%20Splitter&cm_re=RGB_Splitter-_-12-229-001-_-Product

Note that this specifies that it fits several mobo maker's male headers. Although this is designed with 4 holes in the connectors, it can work perfectly for the 3-pin 5 VDC system used for ADDR RGB because the header pin spacing is the same - the ADDR RGB system simply does not use one of the pin positions. This Splitter has three outputs, one more than you need. Most ADDR RGB mobo headers can put out up to 3 A to their load, and most small devices like your SSD and CPU cooler...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
So you need to connect TWO ADDR RGB devices to a single mobo ADDR RGB header. What you need is a simple RGB Splitter like this

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAE308828143&Description=RGB%20Splitter&cm_re=RGB_Splitter-_-12-229-001-_-Product

Note that this specifies that it fits several mobo maker's male headers. Although this is designed with 4 holes in the connectors, it can work perfectly for the 3-pin 5 VDC system used for ADDR RGB because the header pin spacing is the same - the ADDR RGB system simply does not use one of the pin positions. This Splitter has three outputs, one more than you need. Most ADDR RGB mobo headers can put out up to 3 A to their load, and most small devices like your SSD and CPU cooler need much less than that, so connecting two such devices to the single mobo header using this Splitter is OK.

Solution

davidy2024

Prominent
Jan 15, 2019

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...ter&cm_re=RGB_Splitter-_-12-229-001-_-Product

Note that this specifies that it fits several mobo maker's male headers. Although this is designed with 4 holes in the connectors, it can work perfectly for the 3-pin 5 VDC system used for ADDR RGB because the header pin spacing is the same - the ADDR RGB system simply does not use one of the pin positions. This Splitter has three outputs, one more than you need. Most ADDR RGB mobo headers can put out up to 3 A to their load, and most small devices like your SSD and CPU cooler need much less than that, so connecting two such devices to the single mobo header using this Splitter is OK.
So if i need to plug in a 5 volt rgb header but only have a 12 volt on my motherboard i can use this

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
ConntMike is right, so don't try! The connector design is meant to prevent such errors. A plain RGB header (12 VDC) has output as FOUR pins and so is the output end of any extension cable or Splitter. The cable on an ADDR RGB lighting device ends in a female connector with THREE holes - looks like space for 4, but one hole blocked off. So you cannot plug them together, unless you force some cheat and risk suffering destroying your device.