Movingclouds

Honorable
Sep 3, 2015
slightly concerned about the odd mismatch my 6+2 pci cable has, the left one is fine, but the shoulder/clip thing to keep the 2 locked with the 6 on the right doesn't work, and the 2 pin is ever so slightly (few mm) further out of the 8 pin connector than the 6 are. Just worried that it may cause a fault and wonder if this is worth replacing the cable over or if its nothing. The image isn't the best but you can see the slightly loose 6+2 on the right View: https://imgur.com/gallery/9UIwWzb

Solution
You can always lop off the clip from the 2-pin side so it fits properly in the connector. Otherwise I don't see any cause for concern as long as it's more or less fully in.

Movingclouds

Honorable
Sep 3, 2015
You can always lop off the clip from the 2-pin side so it fits properly in the connector. Otherwise I don't see any cause for concern as long as it's more or less fully in.
Think i will just get new psu cables tbh, the ones that came with the RMx 750 are nasty, some came stained with what seems like oil or some other such substance which is impossible to remover, super odd