Question 6+2 pcie not fitting please help

Sep 9, 2020
GPU-Header-8-Pin.jpg
ANTPCIE-Y01-1.jpg
Hey guys. Hoping for some help.

Please see attached photos. I have a new Lenovo tower 5i with the 650 watt psu. There is an 8 pin cord and a 6 + 2 cord. However the plus 2 part of the cord has a little tab that gets in the way.

If you see the 8 pin female picture in the bottom right it is "open" for this tab. However my new gpu is "closed". See other picture. Of 8 pin female.

What is going on here?

Thank you.
15432408473222874552319726215395.jpg.bd2318ddd18e78b9e22db6d96e976de1.jpg

Can I just get a 6 pin to 8 pin adapter and use that and the provided 8 pin cord? Will provide enough power?

Any solutions would be appreciated

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The way that connector is designed for the PCIe connector, it will only go in, in one direction. Not the other way around. Also, what is the age, make and model of the PSU in your prebuilt and what GPU are you trying to work with?

Sep 9, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The way that connector is designed for the PCIe connector, it will only go in, in one direction. Not the other way around. Also, what is the age, make and model of the PSU in your prebuilt and what GPU are you trying to work with?
I am sorry I am not understanding. My 8 pin female in the gpu is closed in the bottom right. the plus 2 part of the pin will not go in as there isnt an "opening" in the bottom right square for that damn tab that gets in the way.

Sep 9, 2020
I am sorry I am not understanding. My 8 pin female in the gpu is closed in the bottom right. the plus 2 part of the pin will not go in as there isnt an "opening" in the bottom right square for that damn tab that gets in the way.
Maybe I am missing it. I was looking in the bottom right. will have to check the top left of the 8 pin female. Do they all have the open tab in one of the outer corners?

Sep 9, 2020
Maybe I am missing it. I was looking in the bottom right. will have to check the top left of the 8 pin female. Do they all have the open tab in one of the outer corners?
My rig is a brand new Lenovo Tower 5i with one of their psus. 650 watt gold. The model from lenovo is Part No: 90NC000PUS