6/8pin power connecter on top-right corner of GPU PCBs? Why is this still standard?

Cable management and cleanliness has always been part of a nice custom PC specially with most of the towers/cases now feature tempered glass/acrylic side panel windows. Most people don't really want to expose their cables as much as possible and if they do they resort to purchasing pricey custom sleeved cables (which I did). Because even the high quality premium PSUs out there don't really come with aesthetically pleasing cables:

hLrswcZl.png

While they pretty much solved most of cable management exposures by adding a PSU shroud in addition to routing all the cables to the back of the case. The 6/8pin PCI-E connectors are still exposed in plain sight due to the location of the power connector on the GPU. Can't they move this towards the back of the case (basically bottom-right of the GPU instead of top-right) near where the rubber grommets usually are? I think that would make more sense since that way you only a small part of the cables are exposed just like the 24 pin atx and 8 pin eps cables.

cD6PaV3l.jpg

Some PSU shrouds do make somewhat a partial solution by having a hole to route the PCI-E cables but there's only a few of these cases and it doesn't work for me.

HQh9ZsDl.jpg

Is there any other possible solution to this? My custom sleeved 6/8 pin connectors have worn out that I don't really want to buy another set just to replace those.

Solution
GPU power connectors located on back will interfere with many PC cases.
You could get a right angle cable or something similar to the Power Link to have the power connectors on the back. Even though it is listed for Nvidia cards, it should work with AMD cars since it is adjustable.

power-link_zpsmqu7rlfn.png
GPU power connectors located on back will interfere with many PC cases.
You could get a right angle cable or something similar to the Power Link to have the power connectors on the back. Even though it is listed for Nvidia cards, it should work with AMD cars since it is adjustable.

power-link_zpsmqu7rlfn.png

Solution
Agreed with the above, while it would be nice for higher end builds with a focus on aesthetics, it would potentially cause issues for more budget systems.
By putting the connections on the back of the card it would increase the overall functional length of the card, where as the side really never interferes with systems.
Its just a matter of catering to the few vs the many.

Take my card for example, at almost 13" long adding the connections to the end would result in a very hard angle back into my cable management cutouts.

That one looks like a good solution but it's kind of thick lol. Hopefully if there is a slimmer version I'll consider it. Thank you for the info though, I didn't even know these exist.

Though, if Nvidia perhaps move the power connectors like how it's oriented in that position would be perfect I think. Usually there's almost nothing to the right of the GPU other than removable HDD cages or a pump/reservoir but do you guys think that position will still interfere/complicate other cases?

Yes, cards are going over a foot long now but I guess I just thought that since a lot of new gen chassis have already phased out the HDD cages it will provide any GPU a modest amount of spacing but I forgot to account the smaller form factors that are even shorter in length despite not having an HDD cage.

Yeah, while it would certainly work fine in most situations, it would still be less compatible than the current orientation. Maybe some day we will see it on the end, but its been this way for a while.
The powerlink is only made my EVGA as far as I know, it would be nice to see a smaller one, but I doubt well see it.

Another option is the vertical card mounts that are becoming more popular, the cables are better hidden.
https://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/monthly_2017_11/vert.jpg.2dd72853bb62c130b20c4694aac2a300.jpg

Some GPUs used to have it on the back, but to carry to the many it was move to the top.

EVGA makes that connector, but there are some slimmer 90° cable adapters that you can use, just search and you might find one that you like.

If each manufacturer would include the adapter for each GPU, then it could be made slimmer.