6 beeps from a dell inspiron 580

CorrosiveMarmite

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
I've recently upgraded my dell inspiron 580 to have a new Msi gtx 970 and a corsair PSU, I restarted many times when installing drivers and everything worked fine, bf4 ran super smooth on ultra, everything was perfect. I turned it on yesterday after a short holiday to find it not launching and just beeping 6 times , evenly spaced. I've researched a bit and it says something about the keyboard chip in my motherboard being broken and that the gpu and motherboard may be broken beyond repair. Why has this suddenly happened and can I fix it?

Solution
".. the keyboard chip in my motherboard being broken.." suspect your research did not give accurate information.

Your PC is giving you beep codes to tell you what is broken. You figured that out, perfect. Now get the accurate text of what 6 beeps means for your PC. They should be in your manual. If you know the BIOS maker for your MB you can also find what they mean that way. Please paste in the meaning of the beep code.
".. the keyboard chip in my motherboard being broken.." suspect your research did not give accurate information.

Your PC is giving you beep codes to tell you what is broken. You figured that out, perfect. Now get the accurate text of what 6 beeps means for your PC. They should be in your manual. If you know the BIOS maker for your MB you can also find what they mean that way. Please paste in the meaning of the beep code.

Solution