Question 6 Display capability for business use

catlicor

Distinguished
May 29, 2014
I'm currently using FirePro w600 DDR5, 2GB card supporting 6 display. When running, the GPU ranges from 3-25%, and the GPU memory ranges from 65%-72%.
Use with lots of business applications, basic youtube videos, etc. Not using for gaming.
Seems ok, but I'm wondering if I'd be better off using two GPUs instead. My motherboard has CrossLink capability.

Would using two instead work better? Which would you suggest that is good dollar value?

Thanks.

catlicor

Distinguished
May 29, 2014
Thanks, (assume you meant two "GPUs", not "displays")
any suggestion for GPU that can do 4 monitors (for colleague computer), for good $ value. same type of usage. He also has DVI & VGA ports.

Nope, you won't be better using two displays. In fact some business applications might even perform worst, since they might not be optimized for dual display configuration.

the other computer is an HP. Intel i7-4770 CPU, MB is HP 2aF7, has a PCIe v2.0 x16 (5.0GTs/s) need a 4 monitor GPU for a good value.
What's the HP computer model or GPU model?
It is important to know, since some GPUs require auxiliary 6-pin power from the GPU and your FirePro w600 does not.
The FirePro w600 requires 75w that can be drawn from the PCI slot, some might required more power.

Example:
The EVGA GTX 1060 (06G-P4-6163-KR) supports 4 monitors (DVI-D, DisplayPort, DisplayPort, DisplayPort, HDMI), draws 120w, so it does require minimum of a 400W PSU and a 6-pin PCIe power connector.

catlicor

Distinguished
May 29, 2014
What's the HP computer model or GPU model?
It is important to know, since some GPUs require auxiliary 6-pin power from the GPU and your FirePro w600 does not.
The FirePro w600 requires 75w that can be drawn from the PCI slot, some might required more power.

Example:
The EVGA GTX 1060 (06G-P4-6163-KR) supports 4 monitors (DVI-D, DisplayPort, DisplayPort, DisplayPort, HDMI), draws 120w, so it does require minimum of a 400W PSU and a 6-pin PCIe power connector.

HP ENVY 700-215xt

I'm currently using FirePro w600 DDR5, 2GB card supporting 6 display. When running, the GPU ranges from 3-25%, and the GPU memory ranges from 65%-72%.
Use with lots of business applications, basic youtube videos, etc. Not using for gaming.
Seems ok, but I'm wondering if I'd be better off using two GPUs instead. My motherboard has CrossLink capability.

Would using two instead work better? Which would you suggest that is good dollar value?

Thanks.

Why would you think you need another video card? You are not even close at 100% usage of the card you have. Is something running slowly? How much RAM do you have? Are you using a solid state drive?

catlicor

Distinguished
May 29, 2014
Why would you think you need another video card? You are not even close at 100% usage of the card you have. Is something running slowly? How much RAM do you have? Are you using a solid state drive?

have slight lag in busy excel sheet. POssible that it's software (as I'm using Excel 365... but still happens with autosave off). I have 32 GB RAM and yes on the SSD.

have slight lag in busy excel sheet. POssible that it's software (as I'm using Excel 365... but still happens with autosave off). I have 32 GB RAM and yes on the SSD.

It is not likely a video card issues but more of a CPU issue. An i7 is good, but Excel is a bit of a CPU hog. Is the lag when you are scrolling and the image ghost a bit?

You can run two lower end gaming cards to get 6 screens, there are not many cards with 6 ports on them. Two GTX 1050 cards or maybe RX570 or 580 cards should do it. AMD Eyefinity is good for multiple monitor setup.