6 monitors what do i need to do it cheap

jusalitlprik

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
ok. here it goes. my setup is gigabyte x99 phoenix sli mobo, nvme samsung ssd 950 scsi, 8 stix of ram =64. i-7 5820k cpu 3.30 ghz video card geforce 960 04g-p4-3966-kr 1600 watt power supply. i want to run 6 monitors to be able to view 6 websites at the same time and when not doing that the only game i play is diablo 3. i know i dont NEED 6 but it looks cool and would help a little when i have all these different sites open. i cant seem to find this video card i have so if i have to get two more thats fine or one or two with the x2 active things i hear about. im just lost and would greatly appreciate any help you guys and gals can throw my way.

Solution
Well, here's one suggestion. Look into getting a decent primary screen. Then pick out a reasonably priced 2560x1440, like one of the Korean brands' offerings. Get three of those and a 3 screen VESA mount and then run them all in partait mode so they fit side by side by side. You can use settings in windows and/or 3rd party software and/or the screens' own settings if they support it, to devide each one into two sections. That'll give you 6 reasonably sized web windows in addition to your main screen! You'll end up buying one better main screen, 3 secondary screens and the mount, instead of 6 screens. Then you'll have effectively 7 screens for the price of 4, with the secondaries actually mounted in a logical way. You might also achieve...

Xorak

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Well, here's one suggestion. Look into getting a decent primary screen. Then pick out a reasonably priced 2560x1440, like one of the Korean brands' offerings. Get three of those and a 3 screen VESA mount and then run them all in partait mode so they fit side by side by side. You can use settings in windows and/or 3rd party software and/or the screens' own settings if they support it, to devide each one into two sections. That'll give you 6 reasonably sized web windows in addition to your main screen! You'll end up buying one better main screen, 3 secondary screens and the mount, instead of 6 screens. Then you'll have effectively 7 screens for the price of 4, with the secondaries actually mounted in a logical way. You might also achieve the same effect with just two 3440x1440 screens. Some of the "lower end" ones are pretty cheap now too. I think I've even seen some on massdrop.

Solution