[SOLVED] 6 pin question

Keco

Prominent
Feb 13, 2019
So recently i built my first pc and when i was building i was about to connect power supply with gpu and i saw i needed one 6pin for gpu. I had one cable that has one 6pin and on another there is two. Because i only need one i wanted to put two sided one on psu so it looks better but the one with just one 6 pin has 5 pins and one pin that doesnt have a pin.
So i didnt wanted to risk i put the one with hole in psu and two sided in gpu so one 6pin is hovering. My question is can i put the one with hole in gpu and the one of the two other in psu?

Solution
So recently i built my first pc and when i was building i was about to connect power supply with gpu and i saw i needed one 6pin for gpu. I had one cable that has one 6pin and on another there is two. Because i only need one i wanted to put two sided one on psu so it looks better but the one with just one 6 pin has 5 pins and one pin that doesnt have a pin.
So i didnt wanted to risk i put the one with hole in psu and two sided in gpu so one 6pin is hovering. My question is can i put the one with hole in gpu and the one of the two other in psu?
Most likely you can't. The side of the cable with a single connector meant to connect to the PSU and is not pinned the same as the side meant for the GPU. Reversing this could damage the...

bignastyid

Titan
Most likely you can't. The side of the cable with a single connector meant to connect to the PSU and is not pinned the same as the side meant for the GPU. Reversing this could damage the PSU and GPU.

Solution