my new system
i5 12400
gigabyte b660m gaming
16gb 2x8 ram
HDD 2
SSD 1

planning to get DEEPCOOL DQ650-M-V2L 0 PLUS GOLD in future

Solution
Alright, if those are the only two PSU models which is under your budget, then there shouldn't be a problem powering up the RX 6600 GPU. Assuming that PSU tier list is accurate and up-to-date (should be obviously, since it's a pinned thread), you can upgrade your current PSU.

Though, grabbing one of the "normal priority units", or even Tier A models, might be a much better idea, IMO. Since PSU is the most important component of the PC, so we shouldn't skimp on the quality/build.

That DEEPCOOL model is actually better than the ASUS Bronze SKU. But in this budget, 100USD, you can get other decent quality branded PSUs as well.
Nope, please get a compatible and a HIGH quality PSU. That PSU lacks an 8-pin PCIe cable for the RX 6600 card. You shouldn't use a 6-PIN connector, or any MOLEX adapter to power the card. It's not generally recommended.

Please grab a high quality power supply unit as well, which has sufficient PCIe connectors to power any modern GPU. I would actually avoid that DEEPCOOL brand if need be. Also, which exact brand and MODEL number of the RX 6600 will you purchase ?

If already purchased. then kindly provide details of the GPU.

AMD Radeon RX 6600 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

Last edited:
Reactions: ötzi

Suhaib Ahmad

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014
Nope, please get a compatible and a HIGH quality PSU. That PSU lacks an 8-pin PCIe cable for the RX 6600 card. You shouldn't use a 6-PIN connector, or any MOLEX adapter to power the card. It's not generally recommended.

Please grab a high quality power supply unit as well, which has sufficient PCIe connectors to power any modern GPU. I would actually avoid that DEEPCOOL brand if need be. Also, which exact brand and MODEL number of the RX 6600 will you purchase ?

If already purchased. then kindly provide details of the GPU.

AMD Radeon RX 6600 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database
no still not bought the gpu but iam planning to buy ASRock or SAPPHIRE PULSE Lite
and for psu in local store there is
asus tuf bronze 550w for 55$ (low priority) tier b in psu tier list
or DEEPCOOL DQ650-M-V2L PLUS GOLD for 95$ tier b in psu tier list

Alright, if those are the only two PSU models which is under your budget, then there shouldn't be a problem powering up the RX 6600 GPU. Assuming that PSU tier list is accurate and up-to-date (should be obviously, since it's a pinned thread), you can upgrade your current PSU.

Though, grabbing one of the "normal priority units", or even Tier A models, might be a much better idea, IMO. Since PSU is the most important component of the PC, so we shouldn't skimp on the quality/build.

That DEEPCOOL model is actually better than the ASUS Bronze SKU. But in this budget, 100USD, you can get other decent quality branded PSUs as well.

Last edited:
Solution