6 pin vga converter

Jun 5, 2018
Does this cable affect the performance of psu? Because i cant using the gtx 1060 3gb , the problem is my monitor goes black and the fan speed up ,
My spec i3 ivy bridge , 4gb ddr3, psu 380watt

Jun 5, 2018

I couldnt remember, all i remember is it's only 380watt

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

You'll have to look at it then. I wouldn't ask if it wasn't a crucial bit of information. In fact, the exact quality of this PSU is the *most* important bit of info to decide on the next step.

Jun 5, 2018

It's by simbadda, i dont know about the series of it

Jun 5, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from audiazizz : "6 pin vga converter"

I'm thinking to change to seasonic 500watt, which has a 6pin from it's psu

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

SeaSonic PSUs are excellent. SeaSonic makes their own and along with Super Flower, they're arguably the two best manufacturers of power supplies.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

It's hard to say. Can't diagnose anything with a junk PSU in the mix.

This PSU only has 14A available on the +12V rail, so for all intents and purposes, it's a 168W PSU, not a 380W one. The power-hungry components today utilized +12V power. This was a design made for the PCs of twenty years ago.

Nor would it be a good 168W PSU in 1996. The power supply uses garbage-tier capacitors, brands like Anodia and Yang-Chun, that nobody ought to be using in an applications like this. The manufacturer, Deer/Solytech is a notoriously poor manufacturer.

The first step here is to get the new PSU and send this one for recycling so that nobody ever tries to use this again.

TRENDING THREADS