Question 6 x 1050 TI What Power Supply Recommended

mbootherstone83

Commendable
Jan 18, 2019
Hi I am starting off small with 6 x asus 1050 ti what power supply is 6 x 1050 TI What Power Supply Recommended

Just because of my budget I want to build my first rig of those for mining etc or raven

You will be looking at around 500W output with 6x 1050 Ti + the system. The amount of power drawn from the wall would be higher, but power supplies are rated at the amount of watts they can effectively output and are also rated on the efficiency they are capable of converting higher voltage power form the wall into lower voltage power for your system.

I would recommend at least a high-quality 650W gold-rated power supply. For better efficiency you could go with a higher wattage PSU and/or platinum-rated PSU.

Power supplies perform at maximum efficiency at around 50% utilization. So, using a power supply with double the amount of power needed is the best one to use. Most people on the other hand don't want to pay the extra price for a higher wattage power supply. But, that's up to you.

Last edited:

mbootherstone83

Commendable
Jan 18, 2019
You will be looking at around ~500W output with 6x 1050 Ti + the system. The amount of power drawn from the wall would be higher, but power supplies are rated at the amount of watts they can effectively output and are also rated on the efficiency they are capable of converting higher voltage power form the wall into lower voltage power for your system.

I would recommend at least a high-quality 650W gold-rated power supply. For better efficiency you could go with a higher wattage PSU and/or platinum-rated PSU.

Power supplies perform at maximum efficiency at around 50% utilization. So, using a power supply with double the amount of power needed is the best one to use. Most people on the other hand don't want to pay the extra price for a higher wattage power supply. But, that's up to you.

Thanks for the info I all ready have a 550 sliver coolermaster I live in a caravan so can only use a small power supply amount upto 1000w I not have to pay for power here so is profit.

Thanks for the info I all ready have a 550 sliver coolermaster I live in a caravan so can only use a small power supply amount upto 1000w I not have to pay for power here so is profit.
You will be pushing the limits of that 550W power supply. You may require more than 500W. I would not expect that power supply to last long pulling that much power. When a power supply fails, it can take other hardware with it.

Plan on a PSU upgrade as soon as possible.