Question Game Feels Hitchy,Microstuttering,Choppy i Don't know how to Describe it

May 16, 2023
So i just Installed in a new GPU it was GTX 750Ti 2GB by Zotac Used
i Clean Install a Driver and Played a Game i Notice that the FPS was 60 FPS all of the time and my Frametime Graph was Stable 16.6ms However the Game Feels so Stuttery.
im so confused if it Stutters it has to be some Spikes in the Graph Right? But no the Frametime Graph Remains Stable but i keep experiencing Micostutters every Seconds
Very Annoying

my Specs is
i5 3470 3.2GHZ
12GB DDR3 1333mhz ram
CV450 Corsair

As RoG stated, we need more info. It depends a LOT what games and res, especially when using an older model GPU with only 2GB VRAM, which isn't very much by today's standards.

I mean, the whole system is very outdated, including the DDR3 RAM. So it matters a ton what games are being played and at what settings.

May 16, 2023
I was having this Microstutter, Hitching, Laggy Gameplay
my FPS was like 60 fps everytime and it doesnt even drop to 59 fps but the gameplay looks so laggy i dont know what this problem called
Playing First Person Shooter games is a Nightmare Gameplay Choppy despite 60fps and lowest Settings
i even played GTA San Andreas but the Annoying Lags Occuring

i tried:
Vsync
Messing with Nvidia Control Panel
Rivatuner
Reinstalling Ram
Reinstalling Drivers
Clean Install Drivers
Changed my Monitors Connector

NOTHING WORKS!

my specs was
12gb ram ddr3
i5 3470
GTX750Ti

The FPS counter must be wrong because an average of 60 with a low of 59 would be indistinguishable from a perfect 60FPS. There might be a problem with the card itself as the information that it's feeding Rivatuner isn't matching what it's doing on-screen.

If I were you, I'd drop a different video card in to see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, then your GTX 750 Ti is starting to die. Your card is over nine years old and they don't live forever. It may be time to replace it but you don't have to spend a lot of money to replace a GTX 750 Ti. Getting nine years out of a video card is pretty damn impressive when you think about it.

If you don't have a second card to try, you'll have to buy one but it doesn't have to be expensive. I don't know where in the world you are, but here in Canada, you can get a used GTX 1050 on eBay for only $50CAD ($37USD). According to the TechPowerUp GPU Database, the GTX 1050 is 35% faster than the the GTX 750 Ti.

Also from the TechPowerUp GPU database, the GTX 750 Ti has a TDP of 60W while the GTX 1050 has a TDP of 75W. This means that neither card needs to use a supplementary PCI-Express power cable so you won't need to worry about that either. The GTX 1060 6GB is only about $15CAD more and would be a much better value but with a TDP of 120W (literally double that of the GTX 750 Ti), you would need a 6-pin PCI-Express supplementary cable that your PSU may not have. It's also possible that your PSU might not be able to handle it.

The GTX 1050 would be a pretty cheap drop-in upgrade for you and it would at least tell you if the problem is your GTX 750 Ti. I can't really think of any other way to know what's causing your PC's symptoms.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.