60 quad sli vs 780 ti tri sli

maviis

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
hi, need your opinion on this. i have 3 dell u3014, and im currently thinking about having 3 gtx 780 ti or 2 690 on quad sli. i just want to know which is better so i can pull the trigger. by better i mean would offer more performance for my buck

Solution
2 780 Ti's should be plenty and shouldn't waste tons of electricity but if you want you can take it to 3. I would hope you have a good cooling plan in place being how much space 3 cards will take up and smothering air flow across them isn't so good. I have seen my top card be 20C over the lower one with the more limited airflow of air over them instead of water cooling.

maviis

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013

i plan on doing some games on them, i also will use them for some photoshop, peremiere and after effects

2 780 Ti's should be plenty and shouldn't waste tons of electricity but if you want you can take it to 3. I would hope you have a good cooling plan in place being how much space 3 cards will take up and smothering air flow across them isn't so good. I have seen my top card be 20C over the lower one with the more limited airflow of air over them instead of water cooling.

Solution

maviis

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013

Thank you very much. sli 780 ti is i believe the way to go. this would be a very good build