600 MHz P3 in Proliant 3000 (ES1003)

Hi,

I've just purchased a Proliant 3000 with no processors, VRMs etc. On
Ebay I've found a couple of P3-600 MHz Katmai SL3JM with VRMs ripped
from a couple of Proliant 1850R servers (~100 USD, is that fair?).

I'm not entirely sure that the Processors and VRMs will fit into the
3000, so I *really* hope that some of you guys can help me out.

The bottom Q/A makes me think the processors will fit:
<http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/ProLiant3000/600-questionandanswer.html>

But then again, this makes me feel a little less certain:
<http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=q0ljmvk5dk16ai79h44f3q9ili6scrt3fq%404ax.com>

And what about the VRM-modules from the 1850R?

Another thing; will the server take non-ECC PC100 RAM? I really hope
so... :)

Hardware details:

Part no for the mainboard: 146937-001
Part no on the back of tower: 352647-001
series: es1003
Some other number on back of tower: 3862c702 (not neccesarily correct,
sorry)

I would have posted this in <alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers>, but
sadly my isp doesn't provide it :-/

Btw I'm planning on installing Debian Sarge on it, but I don't really
fear that part of the game :)

Thanks in advance!
--
mvh Jes Vestervang

Jes Vestervang <jes@royal.flof.dk> writes:

> And what about the VRM-modules from the 1850R?

I found out the VRMs fit perfectly in the 3000 :)
--
mvh Jes Vestervang @ FZS600 & DT125R

Outlook Express-bruger, se her: <http://xnews.newsguy.com/>

For the most part, servers (Compaq and others) most often use ECC registered
DIMM memory. Non-ECC won't do it... Ben Myers

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 00:03:16 +0200, Jes Vestervang <jes@royal.flof.dk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've just purchased a Proliant 3000 with no processors, VRMs etc. On
>Ebay I've found a couple of P3-600 MHz Katmai SL3JM with VRMs ripped
>from a couple of Proliant 1850R servers (~100 USD, is that fair?).
>
>I'm not entirely sure that the Processors and VRMs will fit into the
>3000, so I *really* hope that some of you guys can help me out.
>
>The bottom Q/A makes me think the processors will fit:
><http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/ProLiant3000/600-questionandanswer.html>
>
>But then again, this makes me feel a little less certain:
><http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=q0ljmvk5dk16ai79h44f3q9ili6scrt3fq%404ax.com>
>
>And what about the VRM-modules from the 1850R?
>
>Another thing; will the server take non-ECC PC100 RAM? I really hope
>so... :)
>
>Hardware details:
>
>Part no for the mainboard: 146937-001
>Part no on the back of tower: 352647-001
>series: es1003
>Some other number on back of tower: 3862c702 (not neccesarily correct,
>sorry)
>
>I would have posted this in <alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers>, but
>sadly my isp doesn't provide it :-/
>
>Btw I'm planning on installing Debian Sarge on it, but I don't really
>fear that part of the game :)
>
>Thanks in advance!
>--
>mvh Jes Vestervang

hh

Try posting in alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
HH

"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> writes:

> Try posting in alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

>> I would have posted this in <alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers>, but
>> sadly my isp doesn't provide it :-/

Ehh, I would if I could :) But I'll try to work something out... in
time :)
--
mvh Jes Vestervang @ FZS600 & DT125R

Outlook Express-bruger, se her: <http://xnews.newsguy.com/>

deep

What's the model number for the proliant? (the real model number, the one
that goes XXXXXX-XXX)

Deep