600 or less laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVirusC

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
Hey guys, im looking for a laptop that can play games like skyrim, borderlands 2 and civilization 5. I can pay no more then $600 and it must be from either Costco, bestbuy, newegg or Office Depot. Thanks

The 8750M is quite a bit better than the 720M as far as the graphics cards go

Hello AVirusC,

I was recently shopping for a laptop as well and the a8 ACER suggested above is the absolute best gaming laptop you will find for under $750. It is the one I decided I would buy. I am waiting till January now, but that is still an excellent system.

Here are the good specs that it has:
Quad-Core mobile processor - Compared to the Lenovo the performance is not a lot worse, only a little
Graphics Card - The AMD 8750M is quite powerful for a mobile graphics chip. It is plenty capable of playing all of those games. See here for the FPS that others were able to obtain using this card.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-8750M.87147.0.html

Crossfire: This system actually has two graphics cards built in. The 8750M is the dedicated card and should be used for all intense gaming. The APU also has a dedicated graphics processor which can be used instead to conserve battery life. These two graphics processors have the ability to work together to potentially boost performance in games. While using both cards will increase power usage, it is not certain to increase performance in games. It may in some cases give a significant boost in game play, and in others it may give slightly worse performance. You will need to experiment with this to see which way to use it for different games but it is still possible.

Four built in speakers which should give excellent audio for a mobile system:
http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model-datasheet/NX.MCUAA.002

The last feature is the ease with which you can switch parts. You are able to remove the back case and have complete access to several parts inside of the system. For the price of $530 you can have the laptop, but its simple and in your price range to improve it. One of the most held back aspects of the system is only have 4GB of RAM. For $60 you can buy an 8GB stick of RAM and simply add it to the system. This will max the system out and insure that you never have a bottleneck from the RAM.

Based of prices and performance, this laptop is probably going to remain the best laptop for gaming that you can buy under $750 this year, and even at $750 the upgrade is negligible. I honestly believe it is the best system available. The only reason I am not personally buying it is because I am waiting for the next generation of AMD processors to come out in January, because I will use the laptop I purchase for at least 5 years and I want to get the most performance within my price range as possible. Even considering this, I am still extremely tempted to purchase this laptop, and it is only through great difficulty I am avoiding the temptation of buying it.

AVirusC

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
Some of the problems I have with the Acer is the modern look that the Lenovo has and the RAM difference between the two laptops. If I'm right the CPU is better on the Lenovo, not completely sure though. Im mainly second thinking buying the Acer because the fact that it doesn't look as nice. Although the Lenovo is weaker, would it be a lot weaker? I'm in love with the look and price of the Lenovo.

Still has the 625M which is really low end. The 625M has 96 Shader the 8750M has 384 Shaders, the 625M is 1GB of DDR3 while the 8750M us 2GB of GDDR5. 625M core clock is 625MHz, the 8750M is 775MHz. The memory clock on 625M 64-bit@ 1800MHz while the 8750M is 128-bit@4500MHz. And also with the Acer you can run the graphics card and the APU is crossfire I believe. But the 625M will be horrible for games, the 8750M will be pretty good. And you can always upgrade the RAM in the Acer too

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS