Question 60FPS in 60Hz vs 60FPS in 144Hz vs 60FPS in 240Hz monitor

Sep 22, 2019
Please don't start multiple threads to ask the same basic question. Thank you.
In which monitor the 60FPS will look better...

In 60Hz monitor or in 144Hz monitor or in 240Hz monitor...
❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓
Actually I'm about to buy a gaming monitor but I'm confused which one should I buy: Asus VG258QR (144 or 165Hz) or XG248Q(240Hz) ?????

BY THE WAY...
What is the default refresh rate of this (Asus VG258QR) monitor?🤔
144Hz or 165Hz

What is the overclocked refresh rate of this one?

If I set this monitor at 165Hz then will it reduce it's lifespan as compared to setting it at 144Hz?

My GPU can neither push anywhere more than 150 FPS average nor I'm interested in that high FPS so what monitor should I buy Asus VG258QR (this one) or Asus Rog Strix XG248Q (240Hz)?

I will never ever need that much hertz so there is no good reason to buy 240Hz monitor, isn't it?

Underclocking a 240Hz monitor to 165Hz or 144Hz isn't a good idea and it perhaps can harm the monitor, isn't it? Answer me...

All I want is a monitor with good build quality and all with long lifespan (of 10 years at least without any issue if I use it for 6hrs on daily basis).

Answer all my questions please...🙏🙏

In which monitor the 60FPS will look better...

In 60Hz monitor or in 144Hz monitor or in 240Hz monitor...

❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓

Actually I'm about to buy a gaming monitor but I'm confused which one should I buy: Asus VG258QR (144 or 165Hz) or XG248Q(240Hz) ?????o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

BY THE WAY...

What is the default refresh rate of this (Asus VG258QR) monitor?🤔

144Hz or 165Hz

What is the overclocked refresh rate of this one?

If I set this monitor at 165Hz then will it reduce it's lifespan as compared to setting it at 144Hz?

My GPU can neither push anywhere more than 150 FPS average nor I'm interested in that high FPS so what monitor should I buy Asus VG258QR (this one) or Asus Rog Strix XG248Q (240Hz)?

I will never ever need that much hertz so there is no good reason to buy 240Hz monitor, isn't it?

Underclocking a 240Hz monitor to 165Hz or 144Hz isn't a good idea and it perhaps can harm the monitor, isn't it? Answer me...

All I want is a monitor with good build quality and all with long lifespan (of 10 years at least without any issue if I use it for 6hrs on daily basis).

Answer all my questions please...🙏🙏

Is there any difference between G-sync ‘compatible’ monitors and G-sync monitor? Any???

Read fully👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾 to get my point...

There are two monitors by Asus:—

1.) Asus ROG Swift PG258Q - 24.5 Inch Gaming Monitor (1ms Response Time, 240Hz Refresh Rate, FHD TN Panel, HDMI, DisplayPort)

Current price: ₹51,715/—

2.) Asus ROG Strix XG248Q - 24 Inch Gaming Monitor (G-SYNC, 1ms Response Time, 240Hz Refresh Rate, FHD TN Panel, HDMI, DisplayPort)

Current price: ₹35,949/—

(Prices are at mdcomputers.in.)

Both have same specifications and design and refresh rate and all. But there is one slight difference.
👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾
The STRIX one (XG248Q) was with Freesync only when it was released.
Whereas the SWIFT one (PG258Q) was with G-sync only when it was first released.

The STRIX one (XG248Q) became G-sync COMPATIBLE after sometime....
So now you can run G-sync and Freesync both in this model but still the price of the other one (SWIFT) is high....
About 40% higher price than that of XG248Q...

Why?????

ONE MORE QUESTION:—

Does Asus Rog SWIFT PG258Q support Freesync?
I think it only support G-sync...

Which is the best gaming monitor according to you with the following specifications?
FHD (1920 by 1080)
16:9 aspect ratio
about 23-24 inches size
240Hz with 1ms
G-sync (+Freesync would be a better option)
EYE CARE stuff (most important)
Good build quality
Backlight strobing and all the good stuffs you might think off...

How's Asus VG258QR (165Hz, 0.5ms) or Asus Rog STRIX XG248Q (240Hz, 1ms)?

By the way which one of these👆🏽 two have better image quality?

I'm noob.😂

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS