[SOLVED] 60FPS videos lagging, but audio continues ?

ushima911

Honorable
Dec 14, 2015
So I've been searching for some help on this specific issue, and I'm not sure what is happening. It just happened out of nowhere. Let me explain further than the title.

Videos that are playing at 60fps seem to be freezing for a few seconds while the audio continues normally. This ONLY happens if I click on another tab, scroll down away from the video, or go to my desktop. Whenever I come back to the video, the video is frozen.

The video seems to be skipping a few seconds ahead of where it 's supposed to be, and once the audio catches up, it continues on normally with the video. Youtube is a prime example of my issue here. I'll play a 60fps video with subtitles. I click away from the video (or even just scroll down to the comments) and the video will be seconds ahead of where it's supposed to be. Ranging from a 5-15 second jump. Like I said, I watch the video with subtitles as a test, and when I come back to the video, the video will be seconds ahead, and will only continue normally when the audio matches up to where the subtitles are. (Again, jumping 5-15 seconds ahead of itself.)

I've tried it on Chrome, Incognito mode, and Edge, and it's the same thing. So I know this can't just be a Chrome issue, as it happens on any browser. I've disabled "hardware acceleration" in Chrome, and it does not work. I've disabled all of my extensions, and that also does not work.

Lowering my video's quality to 1080, 720, 480 and anything lower works just fine. It's only when 60fps is involved.

So, any guesses as to what could be the problem? I'm running Win10 64bit, i7 7700k, asus strix z270e, 16 DDR4 ram, and a 1080GTX graphics card.

Any help will be much appreciated...

Solution
Temps of GPU and CPU are good, nothing too hot or anything.
Task manager shows GPU and CPU fluctuating from 1% - 20%, but nothing too off about them.
  1. try clearing your of chrome data
  2. update your GPU Driver. if updated then try reinstalling it.
3.if you have to much add ons in chrome extensions , then try uninstall them
4. also does this issue happens only on youtube?

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
Temps of GPU and CPU are good, nothing too hot or anything.
Task manager shows GPU and CPU fluctuating from 1% - 20%, but nothing too off about them.
  1. try clearing your of chrome data
  2. update your GPU Driver. if updated then try reinstalling it.
3.if you have to much add ons in chrome extensions , then try uninstall them
4. also does this issue happens only on youtube?

Solution