60g or 120g ssd?

popatim

Titan
you got issues toddy.
win7 is about 20 gb. I have a 60 in my htpc with everything/program I need and still have over 20gb left.
Perhaps you need to turn off restore points.

list of programs installed
win7 & all updates (but bing and silverlight)
adobe flash & reader
firefox & chrome
avg internet security
zonealarm
music cd ripper
dvd ripper
windows home server connector
ms office

I would not recommend a 60GB SSD. Once you add OS and your programs, you're already pushing the limits and having to put programs onto your HDD. If you want ALL programs and OS on your SSD then a 120GB SSD is needed.

Don't worry. There are constantly new deals daily. Keep your eyes open and grab one.

A 120GB ssd is considered to be the sweet spot. Typically a user will install Microsoft Windows, software applications, utilities, and favorite games on the the ssd. Additional data files and games can be stored on a hard disk drive.

I normally recommend Samsung due to their stellar track record. Crucial, Intel, and Plextor are also worth considering.

I maintain the ssd database listed in the sticky at the very top of this forum, section. Here is the link:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/data-storage/ssd-database.html

Scroll down to the brands and models you are interested in and follow the links to the technical reviews.

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Get a 64GB Adata premier pro 900. They're only 65$ and perform really well. Yes, 60-64GB is plenty enough for only your OS. If your like some people and want to start putting games and apps and music on your SSD, then ofcourse your not going to have the room. But if your like me and only put your OS on it then leave it alone, it will definitely be enough. I'm 100% sure of this, many people do this. You just gotta make up your mind on if you want to put games/apps/music/movies on your SSD or your other HDD.