CPU: i7 4770k
MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 X2 SLI
RAM: Hyper X Beast 2x8 GB 2400 Mhz CL11
SSD: Samsung evo 240GB
PSU: Corsair RM 850 W Gold
Monitor: Asus PB278Q

I'm thinking about getting PG278Q G-Sync monitor to get most advantage of my GPUs' setup.
But I read a lot of reviews which favoring IPS panels over TNs.
I know it's a controversial subject but all I want is a brief idea about pros and cons -in my case- of getting that TN panel monitor.

Thanks In Advance

Solution
What type of games are you playing?

I was hitting up CS GO last night, and my game seemed to be not as smooth and screen tearing everywhere. It was almost unbearable. Checked my system settings: my 144hz monitor was stuck on 60 hz.

Hope that's a good enough explanation of the difference. You will, however, get better viewing angles and maybe better colors with an IPS monitor. My asus 144hz has very nice colors, and isn't a bad TN at all.

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
What type of games are you playing?

I was hitting up CS GO last night, and my game seemed to be not as smooth and screen tearing everywhere. It was almost unbearable. Checked my system settings: my 144hz monitor was stuck on 60 hz.

Hope that's a good enough explanation of the difference. You will, however, get better viewing angles and maybe better colors with an IPS monitor. My asus 144hz has very nice colors, and isn't a bad TN at all.

Solution