bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Hey guys i will tell a quick story , i had an old cpu , which is xeon x3460 and gtx 1050 tiwith sharp 32inch 60hz and play games with 60 fps low and with my experience.the game was not smooth as i can see , i.travel to to another country my friends house and i didnt bring.my pc , my friend has an i7 9700k with rtx 2060 and 60hz monitor philips 24 inch , i played some games on.it , and the actually the games are smooth , i.dont get it , its 60 hz but it seems smooth i mean its better than my pc screen monitor i guess (maybe cuz i traveled for 3 month and forgot.how i.was playing with my own pc ) or is it an hdmi cable origjnal one.or.something my friend has? Can u please guys help me with this

Solution
So, if they are the same resolution and the same refresh rate, then the most PROBABLE reason is simply the fact that he has newer, more capable hardware, which results in a higher 1% low FPS.

There is a section at the following link that explains all of this, and specifically the .01/1% low time frame rate effect on what you see.

Do both of your 60hz monitors have the same resolution?

If they DO, then the reason is likely because his newer hardware isn't guilty of having the same 1/.01% low FPS as your older hardware. You can have an AVERAGE of 60fps, but if that average includes a lot of 20fps dips, it's not going to look very smooth. On the other hand, if the other hardware is pretty consistently AT 60fps, or is locked at 60FPS because he also has G-sync or a G-sync compatible Freesync monitor, then it's going to be very smooth by comparison.

Numbers don't always tell the truth.

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Is your Sharp 32 inch a computer monitor or TV? Also what model is it exactly so we can look it up.

If its a 32inch TV then its not really 60FPS, almost all 60-120hz TVs are in fact 30hz that use various technologies to fake higher refresh rates.
Well all i.can say is it tv not computer.monitor ,also maybe.my friend has a tv with 24 inch.not.a.computer monitor ? Maybe
And sorry i dont remember the.model of.my sharp 32 inch all.i.can.say.is im playing with 60hz 60 fps

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Do both of your 60hz monitors have the same resolution?

If they DO, then the reason is likely because his newer hardware isn't guilty of having the same 1/.01% low FPS as your older hardware. You can have an AVERAGE of 60fps, but if that average includes a lot of 20fps dips, it's not going to look very smooth. On the other hand, if the other hardware is pretty consistently AT 60fps, or is locked at 60FPS because he also has G-sync or a G-sync compatible Freesync monitor, then it's going to be very smooth by comparison.

Numbers don't always tell the truth.
Yeah 100% , and its the same resolution 60hz i.checked on nvidia control panel put it on 60hz , and yes maybe his pc is way more better than.mine

60hz is NOT the resolution. That is the refresh rate. The resolution is the number of pixels. So, for example, 1920x1080, 2560x1440, 1280x720, etc.

The performance of two different displays at different resolutions, but with the same refresh rate, will be completely different. At 1280x720 on one system, it might be completely smooth. Switch monitors on the same system to one that is 1920x1080 and it might be a lot less smooth and have a lot more drops in FPS, especially in demanding scenes or areas.

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
60hz is NOT the resolution. That is the refresh rate. The resolution is the number of pixels. So, for example, 1920x1080, 2560x1440, 1280x720, etc.

The performance of two different displays at different resolutions, but with the same refresh rate, will be completely different. At 1280x720 on one system, it might be completely smooth. Switch monitors on the same system to one that is 1920x1080 and it might be a lot less smooth and have a lot more drops in FPS, especially in demanding scenes or areas.
Yeah i.know.what you.mean , well its 1920 both pcs , both has the same refresh rate , and stuff but as i can.see its a little bit smoother in my friends house

So, if they are the same resolution and the same refresh rate, then the most PROBABLE reason is simply the fact that he has newer, more capable hardware, which results in a higher 1% low FPS.

There is a section at the following link that explains all of this, and specifically the .01/1% low time frame rate effect on what you see.

Solution