[SOLVED] 61 Bad Sectors on my Hard Disk Drive!!

thisisajaym

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
Recently i started getting slow reads and unable to access certain file in my 4 year old WD 2TB green internal hard disk drive.I have backup up all the data.Ran a test on hard disk sentinel and it is showing 65% health report and 61 weak sectors.I'm not a techy.

So is it safe to further use my HDD or should i dump it and replace it ?

I am a video producer and photographer so i mainly deal with video and photo editing from footage on the this HDD.My OS and mains apps are on a separate 120 GB samsung evo SSD.

Attaching a photo for further reference:
https://ibb.co/Smy2dvG

Weak sectors might not be completely bad. Since all data is backed up you could try
chkdsk driveletter: /f /b (It will take hours)
to retest the supposed bad clusters. for the weak ones, it could work. If it wont... drive is dead, replace.

Safest option would be to dump it though.. 2TB internal hard disks are not all that expensive anymore.

thisisajaym

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019

Is there a way to skip those bad sectors and use the rest of the good sectors as a temporary solution? or how do i know which drive partition are safe to use ? What will happen if i re partition the drives ?

thisisajaym

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019

I have backed up all the data.Going to try it out tonight.Will let you know the outcome.Thanks for all the infos and help sir.

Is MHDD freeware software ? Is it easy to use for a beginner ?

TRENDING THREADS