64 bit capable??

martinmaroni

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
Hello guys! I have a Core 2 Duo E7400, Msi g31m3v2, 4gb Kingston ram, 2 hdds, and an IDE optical disk. Im gonna get a full upgrade on everything and go from xp 32bit to windows 7 64bit in a vertex 3 ssd (which I already bought) and also to a only sata 3 motherboard, for which my optical disk is not compatible.

Since the haswell processor its not compatible with windows xp Id love to install Windows 7 64 bit on my new ssd with my current system to try it and maybe update its firmware like some people recommend. So then when I install my new motherboard, processor and ram. It can already start up.

SOO one of my main questions is if my system can handle 64bits.. because Intel's page says my core 2 duo e7400 is 64bit capable, but all the methods listed in various pages show me that its not. And also if you think having a fresh installed windows 7 BEFORE updating hardware will work. Remember also that I DONT have a sata optical disk and winodws xp cant make flash usb. I could get a sata optical disk just for the update... but I prefer to wait a little for it.

Solution
And also if you think having a fresh installed windows 7 BEFORE updating hardware will work.

New processor and motherboard - I give it 60/40 against actually working. Even if it does 'work', you'll have issues.