64 bit system windows 7 no drivers are compatible

thunderbolts

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
WARNING! Before you buy a 64 bit system (mine is Windows 7) the odds are slim that ANY of your USB devices... printer, scanner, external hard drive, external cd/dvd read or read/write will work!

Wish they'd warned me of this I've had to replace everything and for that price I could have gotten a much better computer- what a load of hooey... design new computers and screw the consumer on existing hardware. Then again this is the "new" way they do business.

Current one - Maxtor One Touch external hard-drive / no driver updates exist.

HP = Guilty Maxtor = Guilty
FUBAR

are you on glue? unless you have system from the stoneage this wont be a problem.how old is your maxtor drive? i have yet to see a new computer with hardware compatibility problems in win7 considering win7 will find drivers from ms driver base if you cant.by the way just because it says no driver updates exist doesnt mean you dont have a driver.it more likely means you have the latest driver.think before you make sweeping generalizations like this.

lol I have Maxtor one touch hard drive. it is plug and play in windows 7 64bit (it uses universal drivers). u don't need manufacture drivers. You just plug the drive in and it works plan and simple. I even run Maxtor software that allows u to control it(the things like how long to power down and stuff). If you are having driver issues then mabe something is wrong with ur install