CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Mainboard: Asus Prime X570-Pro

RAM used so far:

Crucial:

Ballistix Sport LT Gray 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 UDIMM

BLS2K16G4D32AESB

Problem: 32GB is not enough

Now I consider 2 solutions:

Solution 1: Buy exactly the same RAM again. The Problem with Daisy Chain is that RAM speed will be slower when 4 Dimms are used. I wonder how much it will effect the RAM speed. I will use the D.O.C.P. profile now and then but apart from that I am NOT planning to overclock the RAM.

or

Solution 2: Get rid of the RAM and buy this one:

Corsair:

VENGEANCE® LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16

SKU CMK64GX4M2D3000C16

With this one I dont even know if it is compatible with the main board and cant find any info anywhere.

Please share your wisdom :)

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019
To use 4 sticks might be the trade off that I have to make if I do not find another solution.

Here you find the support list:

or here:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...VL_3rd_Gen_AMD_Ryzen_Processors_X570_0722.pdf

The Problem is that there seems to be no solution to reach 64 GB with 2 Sticks. But I urgently need 64 GB. So this exactly my 2questions.

1) Is there even a solution with 2 x 32 GB?

2) If I can not find a satisfying solution with 2 x 32 GB: How much performance would I lose using 4 x 16 GB?

Cause one thing is certain: I need 64 GB!!

Fortunately you are on 3rd Gen Ryzen so 64GB of high speed RAM isn't an issue.

Ryzen really loves two sticks RAM, whether it is dual rank or single rank is best. Quad DIMMS still works good, but if possible go with 2x32GB sticks for a higher chance at 3200mhz stability.

Most memory isn't on motherboard QVL lists, 90% of my builds use memory that aren't on the QVL list. So you should be fine.

But make sure you only use 3200mhz RAM or less frequency.

Aug 27, 2019
Fortunately you are on 3rd Gen Ryzen so 64GB of high speed RAM isn't an issue.

Ryzen really loves two sticks RAM, whether it is dual rank or single rank is best. Quad DIMMS still works good, but if possible go with 2x32GB sticks for a higher chance at 3200mhz stability.

Most memory isn't on motherboard QVL lists, 90% of my builds use memory that aren't on the QVL list. So you should be fine.

But make sure you only use 3200mhz RAM or less frequency.

Thanks

I haven`t decided yet as to use 2x32GB sticks should be the better solution but to add another 2x16GB is the cheaper solution.

Also I can not really find 32GB sticks apart from Corsair. To buy some and find out that they do not work or do not perform like they should would be annoying. Can you recommend any?

Why should I make sure to only use 3200mhz RAM or less frequency?

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019
Also I am wondering at what frequency the 4 dimms of the Crucial Ballistix Sport LT will run

a) in the standard settings

b) in the D.O.C.P profile

TRENDING THREADS