64 GB BlackBerry PlayBook Gets Massive UK Price Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

When RIM reduced the price of the 16G Blackberry Playbook last year to $199 I bought one. Sure it didn't have a native email client or PIMS, but I was surprisingly impressed with by the fluid nature of the OS and the ease of navigation. By the time they introduced OS 2.0 earlier this year, the number of important apps in addition to the ability to run ported Android Apps made a good tablet an excellent mobile tablet. See: http://www.epinions.com/review/RIM_Playbook_Tablet_PC/content_579726577284 . At this new price I can't think of a reason one would hesitate to pick up a 64GB Playbook.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
There is an updated processor unit with built in cell modem coming in a few months. This is just one of the first precursors to the new lineup.

mynameis1

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
such a shame, what a nice piece of hardware that just took too long to come out and then took even longer to get it right... by then its competitors where already releasing version 2 of there hardware...

I love my PB 16G i use one data plan for both my blackberry phone and tablet.

EVILNOD

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
well.. i own a 32g playbook.. the OS and hardware are awesome.. but there NO APP support it! whats the point having it when it can't ran any apps. even you sign your own apps most of em just CtD.
the fact that PB got build in GPS chip but no software support it make me sick. even RIM itself wouldn't support their own hardware.

if win8 support it.. that maybe good buy. otherwise, get a real android table. this way at least you can run the apps you want.

G

I've been wondering about the PB. @obsama1 - I have two Touchpads; a 32GB and the white 64GB. The Touchpad's hardware is easily on par with the iPad2 and it will natively run webOS, Android 2.3, 4.0 and 4.1 as well as Ubuntu and Arch Linux. My 32GB boots to all three.

What I was wondering is what processor and graphics hardware the PB has in it and if one could also get it running something other than QNX...

sourgrapes01

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
[citation][nom]EVILNOD[/nom]well.. i own a 32g playbook.. the OS and hardware are awesome.. but there NO APP support it! whats the point having it when it can't ran any apps[/citation]

That's why you get an iPad, bro! You can probably pick up a gently used iPad 2 for 200-300.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]sourgrapes01[/nom]That's why you get an iPad, bro! You can probably pick up a gently used iPad 2 for 200-300.[/citation]

or he can just put android on it :p

ashinms

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
I really love my PB. Yes, app support sucked when I first got it, but since then, the app store has grown by leaps and bounds. I would have to say I like the software more than android on my Galaxy Note. Just my two cents.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
Right well, decent browser - Check! Gmail setup - Check! Favourites installed - Check! Twitter setup - Check!

Sorted for what I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.