64 GB Coming to SD Cards, USB Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
article title is misleading...

USB drives and SD cards with 64GB or more capacity have been available for years...

it should say new NAND cells will be available on next gen USB and SD cards...

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]article title is misleading...USB drives and SD cards with 64GB or more capacity have been available for years...it should say new NAND cells will be available on next gen USB and SD cards...[/citation]
I Second that, Although SDXC has been a bit of barrier considering all the Non XC devices i have...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]princessolive[/nom]That is GBs per chip not per device.[/citation]
[citation][nom]ruffopurititiwang[/nom]Actually, it's 8GB per chip.[/citation]
Pedantic, he was rightly pointing out to the people who state they already have 64Gb SDXC cards, that if they crack it open it isn't a single chip but several.

We can't be far away from 1Tb USB3.0 flash drives, can we?

dustcrusher

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
C'mon, guys, it's not that hard:

Gb = Gigabit= 1,024 bits of data.
GB = Gigabyte= 1,024 bytes = 8,192 bits of data

Please correct the article title; Word auto-correct probably capitalized it for Mr. Parrish automatically. If you read the article itself it makes sense.

That said, more storage per single chip with double data rate sounds good to me, especially if it leads to price drops.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
[citation][nom]dustcrusher[/nom]C'mon, guys, it's not that hard:Gb = Gigabit= 1,024 bits of data.GB = Gigabyte= 1,024 bytes = 8,192 bits of dataPlease correct the article title; Word auto-correct probably capitalized it for Mr. Parrish automatically. If you read the article itself it makes sense.That said, more storage per single chip with double data rate sounds good to me, especially if it leads to price drops.[/citation]

I think you meant Kb and KB for those numbers, or you meant 1 Gb = 1,024 Mbits and 1 GB = 1,024 MBytes.

Status
Not open for further replies.