640 x 240 resolution

Is there any way to connect a computer (portable) to an external screen with
resolution 640 x 240 (HVGA).
Do I need an extra driver, programming,...?

Regards

mvmelle wrote:
> Is there any way to connect a computer (portable) to an external screen with
> resolution 640 x 240 (HVGA).
> Do I need an extra driver, programming,...?

The first question is does it even have a PLUG to connect an external screen?

The second is, do you really mean the --->external screen<--- is 640x240?

"David Maynard" <dNOTmayn@ev1.net> skrev i melding
> mvmelle wrote:
> > Is there any way to connect a computer (portable) to an external screen
with
> > resolution 640 x 240 (HVGA).
> > Do I need an extra driver, programming,...?
>
> The first question is does it even have a PLUG to connect an external
screen?

> The second is, do you really mean the --->external screen<--- is 640x240?

If he's computer is a laptop same as mine (Acer travelmate 630) with
original OS (winXP) installed then the answer will be yes.

If it's not possible to find (I assume it's vga-card has two outputs) any
function for screen2 under advanced in properties for screen, he need
another vga-card driver or a software (not driver).

Geir Klemetsen wrote:
> "David Maynard" <dNOTmayn@ev1.net> skrev i melding
>
>>mvmelle wrote:
>>
>>>Is there any way to connect a computer (portable) to an external screen
>
> with
>
>>>resolution 640 x 240 (HVGA).
>>>Do I need an extra driver, programming,...?
>>
>>The first question is does it even have a PLUG to connect an external
>
> screen?
>
>>The second is, do you really mean the --->external screen<--- is 640x240?
>>

> If he's computer is a laptop same as mine (Acer travelmate 630) with
> original OS (winXP) installed then the answer will be yes.

Yes to what?

Your Acer 630 isn't using 640x240 for either the internal OR external display.

> If it's not possible to find (I assume it's vga-card has two outputs) any
> function for screen2 under advanced in properties for screen, he need
> another vga-card driver or a software (not driver).
>

>>>Regards

yes, I really mean an external screen (a very small one, only 8 cm high)
I building it into a rack and want to connect it to my portable

mvmelle wrote:

> yes, I really mean an external screen (a very small one, only 8 cm high)
> I building it into a rack and want to connect it to my portable

Interesting. I would have guessed the 'portable' was one of those with a
HVGA screen and you wanted to use a normal monitor on it. Which is why I
asked ;)

It would help to post some specs on the screen and the portable or, even
better, a link to their specs along with pictures.