64gb enough for win7?

G

Is a 64gb ssd enogh for windows 7? Applications on a seperate hard drive, just the os on the ssd :)

aqe040466

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Yeah! it is enough just don't forget to do this steps so that you will save some space for the SSD.

In Windows Explorer expand Documents, right click My Documents, select Properties, go to location tab, select move and pick your new location.
That should handle most applications. Many applications also have the ability to set their own default save location. This would need to be changed from the applications settings if it is not already pointing to a location within My Documents.

LordConrad

Distinguished
Yes, 64GB is more than enough for OS only. Make sure you set the SATA mode in your BIOS to AHCI, and disconnect any hard drives before installing Windows to your new SSD (you can reconnect them afterwards).

After installing your SSD you can optimize it further by following the instructions on this page:
http://www.computing.net/howtos/show/solid-state-drive-ssd-tweaks-for-windows-7/552.html

Instead of disabling your pagefile as the article suggests, I would move it to your hard drive as it can prevent some Blue Screens.

G

I find that even when i disable the pagefile, im fine anyway (32gb ram) i forgot to mention!