[SOLVED] 650VA UPS for 550W PSU ?

laism

Prominent
Jan 8, 2021
Hey,
My PC specs are - Ryzen 5 3600, MSI mortar max B450, 2X8GB corsair lpx vengeance 3200mhz, Seagate Barracuda 1Tb, Transcend 110s 128GB SSD, Coolermaster MasterAir MA410P cooler, LG 22MK430H_B 22 inches, MSI gtx 1650 super Ventus xs and Thermaltek light power 550w.

I am from Bangladesh, and we have a pretty frequent powercut especially during summer, I use my pc for gaming and video editing, If the power goes, I want to use UPS for only safely shut down my pc. Not to use even after powercut, so will a 650VA UPS good for 550 w PSU??

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

That PSU needs to go into the rubbish bin, seriously unless you want it to light your house on fire. I'd also advise on getting a 1KVA UPS, as opposed to a 650VA UPS. I'm from Bangladesh as well and I know how bad the wiring in houses as well as the quality of parts available in the country are...so if you will, invest in a good PSU and a good UPS to protect the rest of your investments and your house as well.

Lutfij

Titan

That PSU needs to go into the rubbish bin, seriously unless you want it to light your house on fire. I'd also advise on getting a 1KVA UPS, as opposed to a 650VA UPS. I'm from Bangladesh as well and I know how bad the wiring in houses as well as the quality of parts available in the country are...so if you will, invest in a good PSU and a good UPS to protect the rest of your investments and your house as well.

Solution

laism

Prominent
Jan 8, 2021

Can't manage that much expense now, need some time to manage, so which want should I do first psu or ups and as you saw my specs suggest me a good ups.

And I never planned for this psu, but after lockdown it was only available at Ryan's. I build it after lockdown.

laism

Prominent
Jan 8, 2021

Can't manage that much expense now, need some time to manage, so which want should I do first psu or ups and as you saw my specs suggest me a good ups.

And I never planned for this psu, but after lockdown it was only available at Ryan's. I build it after lockdown.