650W PSU for R9 290?

G

Planning to buy single R9 290 non-reference OC design.
According to Sapphire website it is required minimum 750W PSU, I know that it's probably too overwattaged, but maybe next generation will want more watts?
I was wondering that maybe in the future when the power of graphic cards will increasing and the manufacturing process will be the same (problems with 20nm chips), there will be requirment for still stronger power supplies?
I can forward my PSU, which is currently Seasonic X650 and buy a stronger one.

My rig:
i5-4670K OCed
2x8GB RAM,
2x WD Caviar Black HDD
DVD-RW
3x 140mm case fans

Is my Seasonic X-650 strong enough to smoothly power my rig?
Do you think it is worth to buy a newer, stronger PSU now, when I can forward my current PSU maybe with view to the future?

Thanks.

Solution
For a system using a single Radeon R9 290 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 750 Watt or greater system power supply. The power supply should also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 42 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin and one 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

Overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU(s) may require an additional increase to the maximum...
The recommendations on the manufacturers web site are very conservative, allowing for cheap power supplies with low current ratings on the +12V rail.
You will have no problems with your current power supply.
It is one of the best on the market, and 650W is plenty for this system with the R9 290.
For future generation cards too, neither Nvidia or AMD is likely to make a single GPU card requiring more than 300W.
Your power supply can handle this.

For a system using a single Radeon R9 290 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 750 Watt or greater system power supply. The power supply should also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 42 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin and one 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

Overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU(s) may require an additional increase to the maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current ratings, recommended above, to meet the increase in power required for the overclock. The additional amount required will depend on the magnitude of the overclock being attempted.

The Seasonic X-Series X-650 (SS-650KM3 Active PFC F3) power supply unit, with its maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 54 Amps and with four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is way more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon R9 290 graphics card.

There is ample spare capacity to handle overclocking of the CPU and GPU while running FurMark stability testing.

Solution
G

If I'm forward my current PSU X-650, will you buy Seasonic X-750 or X-850 with the view to future?
I'm not planning to Crossfire, but would like if my PSU last some years.
The price difference in my country is 24€.

If you really want to spend the money, when you don't need to, that will be left up to you.