65c is it high for msi twin frozr gtx 770

Denis Stoikovski

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
Playing watch dogs and got max for now 74c normal is 60c-65 is it normal? Also why on high msaa 4x i get like 40-80 fps avg 45 with this gpu on 1440x900 res its awful i saw a dude with same card running 47-60 fps on ultra 1080p why i get so high temp and lower fps also its 99 usage isn't that too much?

Solution
TXAA is a (normally) slightly less demanding form of anti-aliasing than MSAA (that you mentioned using in your first post), with TXAA 2x being naturally less demanding that TXAA 4x. If having it turned on only 'costs' you 4 FPS, then good for you. If you do want a cheaper, less demanding form of AA, then SMAA or temporal SMAA would be the way to go.

When it says the 770 'features TXAA technology', all it means is that it supports it; it's an nVidia only technology, and can't be used by AMD graphics cards.

Unless you're running your fan at 100% all the time, it's unlikely to fail on you anytime soon (extremely unlikely within the warranty period). Increasing it slightly to lower temperatures at high load, if that's what you...

Damn_Rookie

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
MSAA is a punishing setting for many cards, and often has a dramatic affect upon framerates. If you'd like to up your FPS, consider reducing your anti-aliasing settings.

99% usage is fine, and good; it shows you're not being bottlenecked by the CPU. In a graphically demanding game like this, you want the card to give you all it has, so to speak, to 99% usage is perfectly fine.

Finally, that temperature is absolutely fine for the card. I wouldn't be worried unless it was at least 10 degrees higher. Still, if you'd like it cooler, and don't mind an increase in noise, you can always up the fan speed a bit.

Your temperature is normal, pretty good actually. Watch Dogs is a graphically demanding game that will usually run at 99% GPU usage. That's a good thing since its showing that your CPU is not bottlenecking your video card and is allowing it to run at maximum.

Denis Stoikovski

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

I heard that if i make the fan faster it screws the gpu faster also even if aa is off i get same fps :D difference between off and txaa is 4 fps in my pc;d also it says that 770 feature txaa tehnology

Damn_Rookie

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
TXAA is a (normally) slightly less demanding form of anti-aliasing than MSAA (that you mentioned using in your first post), with TXAA 2x being naturally less demanding that TXAA 4x. If having it turned on only 'costs' you 4 FPS, then good for you. If you do want a cheaper, less demanding form of AA, then SMAA or temporal SMAA would be the way to go.

When it says the 770 'features TXAA technology', all it means is that it supports it; it's an nVidia only technology, and can't be used by AMD graphics cards.

Unless you're running your fan at 100% all the time, it's unlikely to fail on you anytime soon (extremely unlikely within the warranty period). Increasing it slightly to lower temperatures at high load, if that's what you desire, isn't going to make much of, if any, change to the fans longevity. You don't need to increase the fan though, your temperatures are still pretty good as is.

Solution