660 vs 7850 vs 650 Ti vs 560 Ti

08shantanu

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
Which of these is better?
I am really confused
I know the price difference but i just want to know the performance difference in these cards.

Solution

either you didn't read post, or your giving the wrong information.

GTX660 > 7850 >560ti > 650ti
there's no 550ti in the equation :)

To the OP - model numbers, and OC/SC are really just gimmicks, and the numbers associated which each card, may not reflect real world performance. Take the 650ti for example. Newer gen than a 560ti, yet the 560ti outperforms it. It is kind of confusing, but...
This should be the most to the point answer.

From Most Powerful to least Powerful :
660 > 7850 > 650Ti > 550Ti

You can mark thread as solved anytime when you find the answer you were looking for by selecting that answer as the best answer. It would be appreciated by other guys who are looking for similar answers.

either you didn't read post, or your giving the wrong information.

GTX660 > 7850 >560ti > 650ti
there's no 550ti in the equation :)

To the OP - model numbers, and OC/SC are really just gimmicks, and the numbers associated which each card, may not reflect real world performance. Take the 650ti for example. Newer gen than a 560ti, yet the 560ti outperforms it. It is kind of confusing, but always try to research a little or ask on Toms, and we will put you right :)

Solution

Well spotted! I didn't notice that in his (Sangeet Khatri's) post.

:) Funnily enough, I just checked some PM's and discovered the OP has been PM' me on this very topic already! Perhaps he doesn't trust the advice I've given, and wants a second opinion :)

Anyway I've told him to go with a GTX660 Asus/XFX as these are available in his country (India) and within is budget.

08shantanu

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010

keith12 i trust you
but this post is by my big brother (who btw is paying for my card) who is sceptical about get the 660
i dont know why, he thinks its too expensive but wont perform as much

:) It's cool, I was just kidding :) Without a doubt the GTX660 is the most powerful of those cards. Its a great card that will perform very well at 1080p and decent frames. Is it overpriced?? well, the same could be said for hardware I buy in Ireland (that's where I'm from). It's much more expensive than in the US. In the us they pay average 250$ for a gtx 760, in Ireland I would pay €250 euro's which is the same as 330$. So no matter where you are chances are you will have to pay a premium just to get your part. The thing is, if you get more performance then maybe it's worth it. YOu have balance that in your mind, and against your wallet :)

08shantanu

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010

cant my PSU is 450W
and the recommended for 7870 is 500W
and i got the 660 now its amazing
out of the world performance

that's great. see, I told you so! :) think you owe me a best answer for that :)

Happy gaming bud!