Question 6600xt stuttering

Apr 7, 2024
Hello. I'm experiencing for a span of 4 months (January) some massive stutterings when loading in maps. After some time, they dissapear after intensive playing but i've never had this issue before and I can feel something is wrong.

The root cause of this, I think, is probably shader related, mainly because whenever there's a new effect (such as getting hit and emanating new particles) the game lags for a brief moment and then never stutters when the same said effect happens again. I want to mention that I've bought my PC in 2021 and never had any issues before.

This all started when I updated my drivers after cleaning my PC. I don't know if cleaning my PC started this but I used an air duster. I blew air on the fans and accidently let them spin but they weren't spinning to their maximum capacity and I held them quickly after they spun.

Before this, I was on 24.1.1 and had no problems, the driver's version didn't let me open Radeon and I decided to renew teh drivers. I renewed it and it led me to frametime spikes.

I also made a video of this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s1G444tLmw

People will say that it's normal after installing new drivers for the game to stutter but I want to mention that I updated my drivers through radeon with no DDU everytime and I never seen a single stutter.

Apr 7, 2024
full system spec?
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd usage?

Will give a rundown till I download MSI afterburner again and record my task manager and RTSS while gaming:

GPU - ASUS ROG STRIX RX 6600 XT GAMING OC (ROG-STRIX-RX6600XT-O8G)
MOBO - ASUS PRIME B550M-K
RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 2400mhz OC'd with XMP to 3200mhz
NVME: KINGSTON SNVS1000G (the game is installed on that drive)

CPU/GPU temp and usage appears to be fine, you can see it on the video but I'll make the UI scaled bigger so you can see it more better

I'll check teh RAM/SSD usage on task manager. I'll let you know with another video. Please be active!

Apr 7, 2024
Single channel ram, especially on an AMD rig, is a performance killer.

I knew someone was gonna say this.

Before I updated my drivers I was gaming on a single channel ram from 2021. And I never had a single issue

Can an air duster harm your gpu? Since I cleaned my PC I didn't check to play any games to see any problems, I just went straight to update my drivers and now I don't know if its the drivers or the cleaning.

Will give a rundown till I download MSI afterburner again and record my task manager and RTSS while gaming:

GPU - ASUS ROG STRIX RX 6600 XT GAMING OC (ROG-STRIX-RX6600XT-O8G)
MOBO - ASUS PRIME B550M-K
RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 2400mhz OC'd with XMP to 3200mhz
NVME: KINGSTON SNVS1000G (the game is installed on that drive)

CPU/GPU temp and usage appears to be fine, you can see it on the video but I'll make the UI scaled bigger so you can see it more better

I'll check teh RAM/SSD usage on task manager. I'll let you know with another video. Please be active!
What's your CPU?

bobalazs

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
and I decided to renew teh drivers. I renewed it and it led me to frametime spikes.

That's your issue most likely. You're using a driver that is causing issues for you.
It wouldn't hurt to ddu and try maybe another driver version of preferably one that you knew works.

Reactions: CountMike
Apr 7, 2024
and I decided to renew teh drivers. I renewed it and it led me to frametime spikes.

That's your issue most likely. You're using a driver that is causing issues for you.
It wouldn't hurt to ddu and try maybe another driver version of preferably one that you knew works.

I was on 24.1.1 before and I had no frametime spikes. The only problem was that I couldn't open Radeon Software so I wanted to renew drivers. I went to24.1.1 and it introduced stutters. Then I tried 23.1.1. Now i'm on the latest drivers.