[SOLVED] 6600XT VARIABLE BENCHMARK SCORE AND STUTTERING IN GAMES

mhmd shoumar

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2015
2 issues: stuttering in games (variable frame time ) and variable scores when running benchmarks
Hi, so I bought a brand new pc 2 days ago:
  • I5-10400f
  • Hikvision U10 16gb 2666hz cl16 (2 sticks)
  • power color 6600xt
  • Crucial BX500 1tb ssd
  • biostar h510mhp motherboard
  • cooler master g700 gold
  • case 4 fans
So I had the same build but with msi 6600xt mech 2x and hikvison E1000 1tb NVME , the issue was that frame-time in games like warzone and fortnite was bad, going like a zigzag, tried many software solutions with no effect, That's why I decided to replace the nvme with ssd and the msi with power color as its the best model for 6600xt. Unfortunately this didn't help with stuttering but created a second problem where the power color performance is variable. Below is the frame time in warzone, frame rate is good and stable though 📷
On uniengine i ran it 5 times on extreme tessellation 8x over 48 hours, average online score is 115, it got 95fps 3 times and 115fps twice . with stuttering and fps dips in all 5 tests Below are the msi afterburner results while running the benchmark: 📷
📷
On passmark the same pattern, the average is 15000 for 3d test, it got 8700 twice and 17000 trice CPU score is above average. While disk score is below average. For RAM, there was no model to compare. 📷
So far I tried:
  1. Running utx 2.0 but everything is ok and no thermal throttling, CPU power while running benchmark was 65w and temp 75c
  2. closing all background applications
  3. Malwarebytes found no torjans/viruses
  4. enabling and disabling v-sync and free synch,
  5. borderless vs full screen
  6. setting low cap for fps (80fps) and also downscaling to 720p (reached 125 avrg)
  7. setting memory speed to default (2133hz)
  8. Enabling SAM in bios
  9. Internet ping and latency are good
I will be really grateful if you helped me out since I've been struggling with this issue since 2 weeks, so far I replaced the storage and GPU, I still have the ram or I'll need to replace CPU and Mobo altogether..

Solution
2 issues: stuttering in games (variable frame time ) and variable scores when running benchmarks
  • I5-10400f
  • power color 6600xt
  • Crucial BX500 1tb ssd
  • case 4 fans
So I had the same build but with msi 6600xt mech 2x and hikvison E1000 1tb NVME , the issue was that frame-time in games like warzone and fortnite was bad, going like a zigzag, tried many software solutions with no effect, That's why I decided to replace the nvme with ssd and the msi with power color as its the best model for 6600xt. Unfortunately this didn't help with stuttering but created a second problem...
  • I5-10400f
  • power color 6600xt
  • Crucial BX500 1tb ssd
  • case 4 fans
So I had the same build but with msi 6600xt mech 2x and hikvison E1000 1tb NVME , the issue was that frame-time in games like warzone and fortnite was bad, going like a zigzag, tried many software solutions with no effect, That's why I decided to replace the nvme with ssd and the msi with power color as its the best model for 6600xt. Unfortunately this didn't help with stuttering but created a second problem where the power color performance is variable. Below is the frame time in warzone, frame rate is good and stable though 📷
On uniengine i ran it 5 times on extreme tessellation 8x over 48 hours, average online score is 115, it got 95fps 3 times and 115fps twice . with stuttering and fps dips in all 5 tests Below are the msi afterburner results while running the benchmark: 📷
📷
On passmark the same pattern, the average is 15000 for 3d test, it got 8700 twice and 17000 trice CPU score is above average. While disk score is below average. For RAM, there was no model to compare. 📷
So far I tried:
  1. Running utx 2.0 but everything is ok and no thermal throttling, CPU power while running benchmark was 65w and temp 75c
  2. closing all background applications
  3. Malwarebytes found no torjans/viruses
  4. enabling and disabling v-sync and free synch,
  5. borderless vs full screen
  6. setting low cap for fps (80fps) and also downscaling to 720p (reached 125 avrg)
  7. setting memory speed to default (2133hz)
  8. Enabling SAM in bios
  9. Internet ping and latency are good
I will be really grateful if you helped me out since I've been struggling with this issue since 2 weeks, so far I replaced the storage and GPU, I still have the ram or I'll need to replace CPU and Mobo altogether..
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, flash to this bios (have all the latest ME Firmware) (plug a flashdrive formatted at Fat32 at the motherboard back usb port, extract the .rar file on the flash drive directly, go to bios by pressing F2 or del or F12 during powering pc (spam all of them), find flash utility, and pick H51KRC21.BSS, and proceed flashing), then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want to (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (if chipset wont install, its fine, skip it) and ME Driver, then reboot.
  • Install the latest radeon driver or try Amenime Zone driver, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step in orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Reactions: mhmd shoumar
Solution

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, flash to this bios (have all the latest ME Firmware) (plug a flashdrive formatted at Fat32 at the motherboard back usb port, extract the .rar file on the flash drive directly, go to bios by pressing F2 or del or F12 during powering pc (spam all of them), find flash utility, and pick H51KRC21.BSS, and proceed flashing), then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want to (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (if chipset wont install, its fine, skip it) and ME Driver, then reboot.
  • Install the latest radeon driver or try Amenime Zone driver, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step in orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png
nice beyblades

Reactions: Koekieezz