660ti died and I'm trying to figure out my next upgrade

Aug 31, 2018
So I recently did a complete rebuild to an r5 1600 oc to 3.9mhz
Cooler master ml120l AIO
asus prime b350 plus
2x4 GB 3000mhz vengeance
Evga 850w g3 80G
Tucked inside a cooler master H500P

So I'm confident with my psu and cooling solutions I can keep anything cool. But as a big wrench in the case, I own a 28" Samsung uhd monitor with freesync enabled. That being said, I'm conflicted with the decision to ignore my freesync for an nvidia card, was thinking 1070 or 1070ti, but I'm really interested in sticking strictly to amd and getting an rx or vega card.

My question to you is, should I just go with nvidia despite my monitor, or is amd a viable upgrade. Looking to run games in 1440p at 60 fps.

kadec.a.mackinney

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
it might be a waste to go with nvidia but the vega 56 and 64 are just so expensive. if you could find a cheap vega 56 then go for that but with the release of the rtx 2070 just around the corner you might find better value for money if you go down that route.

You say you 'own' the monitor, so I take it you didn't 'buy' the monitor. Because if you did, and you chose a freesync monitor, didn't you do that knowing that meant you'd have to buy an AMD card to get the benefits of that choice? Or did you not care, and bought it for reasons other than freesync?

Aug 31, 2018
I bought it and I dont have the reciept. I'm kicking myself in the ass k went with uhd instead of 144hz and didnt realize it was freesync not gsync. My issue is I'm stuck with the monitor. So should I just buy like a 1080 and fuck freesync or try to get a vega card. Also I can get some more ram asap