mick500

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012

Hi, , im just wondering if it is likely to be a bottleneck for a 7970 or a 670? currently i have a 670 with a i5 2400 and i am experiencing stuttering, not sure if its just bad drivers with the 670 and i should swap to a 7970 or if im being bottlenecked by the cpu and i should upgrade to a 3570k. please help. thanks.

Mick do you use things like adaptive vsync? I would think for the CPU's that aren't unlockable (k sku) that the higher end cards are probably going to suffer a little. But to be fair to you I have a 2500k and even on stock I was doing just fine :)

mick500

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
I have tried with and without all the vsync options, nothing i do helps, i have overclocked the 2400 to 3.8ghz and still stuttering persists. That's why i have come to the conclusion it is either a bottleneck or a driver issue. I optimally play with v sync enabled. but i drop to 55fps and the stuttering begins.

Well with a nvidia card I would just leave adaptive on honestly. I wouldn't use the application vsync because adaptive is a stronger solution. But I do find that very odd I mean I guess it could be a few things could be ram on your computer I don't know how much you have but I have 8 and I don't have issues, also could also be your power supply maybe you aren't getting stable power I don't know. But normally I would think you would be in the okay. I will have to pick up far cry 3 at some point. I saw the ending to the game on youtube and was a bit turned off by the game after that.

mick500

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
Yeah, i have 8gb ram aswell g.skill 1600. and a 600w corsair psu. Its doing my head in. I have seen quite a few ppl with the same issue, its mainly bf3 that has the problem. I think im going to swap out the 670 first cos i personally thought that was the issue until a few ppl have said the cpu would be a bottleneck, but i wouldnt have thought so.

mick500

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
I do have a ssd but bf3 is not installed on it, i set up the ssd awhile ago but basically the ssd is just the boot device and everything i download/install goes straight to the hdd. I have just sold my 670 at a decent loss lol, sold it for $250, and i will be picking up a 7970 tomorrow @ $410, so i hope that solves the issue and it was bad drivers on nvidias part. If not i will be in the market for a 3570k, and if that doesn't work i will be looking at getting a bigger ssd. None of this is cheap. lol.