6610i/6230

Danny

I absolutely hate the clock kicking in on this 6610i after the maximum of 60
minutes and hopping about the display. Is there any way to kill the damn
thing? And I mean the screensaver, not the phone ;)

Secondly I find the sound quality of the loudspeaker and the normal earpiece
in voice conversations to be less than great - it's a bit hissy and not that
loud (Even at full volume). Is this normal? When I receive a message I can
hear a definite hiss while the phone beeps.

Lastly, the 6230 - is the screensaver disableable on that? Is the sound
quality better (If it's not a fault my 6610i alone)?

Cheers.

--
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:39:39 +0100, "Danny"
<notmyemailaddress@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I absolutely hate the clock kicking in on this 6610i after the maximum of 60
>minutes and hopping about the display. Is there any way to kill the damn
>thing? And I mean the screensaver, not the phone ;)

its a battery saving feature, without it your battery wouldn't last
long!

Danny

eggster2k wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:39:39 +0100, "Danny"
> <notmyemailaddress@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I absolutely hate the clock kicking in on this 6610i after the
>> maximum of 60 minutes and hopping about the display. Is there any
>> way to kill the damn thing? And I mean the screensaver, not the
>> phone ;)
>
> its a battery saving feature, without it your battery wouldn't last
> long!

It survived ok on my older 3310 ;)
I have to ask though why is generating a screen saver,which requires
rendering, a battery power saver? I'd have thought activity would actually
drain the battery?

--

Danny wrote:

>>its a battery saving feature, without it your battery wouldn't last
>>long!

> It survived ok on my older 3310 ;)

The 3310 didn't have a color screen.

> I have to ask though why is generating a screen saver,which requires
> rendering, a battery power saver? I'd have thought activity would actually
> drain the battery?

Because it deactivates most of the color screen. Rendering an image on it
consumes quite a lot of power.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html

Danny

Johan Wevers wrote:
> Danny wrote:
>
>>> its a battery saving feature, without it your battery wouldn't last
>>> long!
>
>> It survived ok on my older 3310 ;)
>
> The 3310 didn't have a color screen.
>
>> I have to ask though why is generating a screen saver,which requires
>> rendering, a battery power saver? I'd have thought activity would
>> actually drain the battery?
>
> Because it deactivates most of the color screen. Rendering an image
> on it consumes quite a lot of power.

Fair point.

--
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

ASK THE COMMUNITY