66mhz FSB! On Athlon XP!

YoungBull

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2003
I've used the 3dMark 2001/2003 programs t benchmark my computer and one thing is bugging. It says my computers external clock is running at 66mhz and not the 133mhz that I see every other Athlon XP owner enjoys. I've tried the Cheepoman BIOS and clocked the chip at 150mzh for both the CPU and memory, yet I don't know how to change the FSB. I don't know if this is a mistake with the board (ECS K7S5A Pro) or with 3dMark. I think something is up with the board that I don't know since I am not getting very high scores in 3dMark when compared to very similar systems. In fact, the scores are damn low. Please help me.
I have also tried the SETFSB program, but after I click to use it, it says that I need to put a copy of GIVEIO.SYS file in the SETFSB folder. I can't find any file of that name. Any tools or tips to tweek my FSB are very much appreciated. Thanks.

Pozinet

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2003
I got the same thing when I ran 3dmark, but when I run WCPUID, it says the system clock is at 133mhz, so I think 3d mark is reading something incorrectly. Very strange. Quick question, what is the highest athlon chip the ECS K7S5A supports??

YoungBull

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2003
Thank you, I'll try that program. The K7S5A suppport up to an Athlon XP 2600+ I believe. It should support any Athlon that runs the 133 FSB.

YB