Question 6700 XT beep on start up

goowoofa

Reputable
Dec 13, 2018
I have a PC with the following specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte Auros 5 Gaming Wifi X470
16 GB of RAM

Recently I replaced my GTX 1060 with an AMD 6700 XT and the card has been working greatly on games with a couple of crashes in Apex (one of them froze my PC completely) and a few crashes in Rust (but my friends were also crashing in Rust at that time as well). Also Apex seems to be one of these games that has issues with some cards according to threads on here and on Reddit so I don’t know.
I also swapped my PSU with a 750 watts gold Seasonic one.

Now my issue has been as follows:
The VGA led on the motherboard would sometimes light up when I turn my PC and sometimes it wouldn’t. After doing some research I ended up updating my BIOS.
Now the VGA led light ups only during the first boot and it does one long beep and 3 short beeps (which are GPU related beeps as far as I understand) however it boots normally to Windows but it takes a little bit longer to display anything in my monitor.
Subsequent reboots will not trigger the led or the beeps. So I’m guessing maybe if all capacitors get enough time to discharge then it counts as a “new boot” and it would trigger the led and beep? I don’t know.
My question here is, is it my GPU or my motherboard doing all that and is there anything I could do to make sure that none of them are broken? Is all that normal?

Last edited:

goowoofa

Reputable
Dec 13, 2018
Did you use DDU to wipe your old graphics drivers before installing the new ones?
No but I used Revo Uninstaller.

I can try DDU to see if it will help with Apex (is it too late tho?) however the motherboard led and beeping shouldn't be affected by old drivers, right?

EDIT: I just used DDU and I believe it removed the remaining nvidia drivers. I'll try and see if Apex crashes again but again, that's not the main issue. My main issue really the motherboard's led and beeping that happens randomly even tho the GPU is working fine.

Last edited: