6700k advantages in turning off hyperthreading?

The only advantage I've seen is certain video games see each thread as an actual core. For example, because the game was optimized to utilize two physical cores, it was seeing each thread as a physical core which was resulting in poor frames per second. Disabling hyper threading enabled the game to utilize two physical cores as opposed to one physical core with two threads. This increased FPS significantly. New triple A titles are optimized for hyper threaded cpus and shouldn't have this issue. I have also seen youtube videos where people disable hyperthreading and it increases their fps. If you play games, you should try it and let us know the results.

Yes.
It used to be an issue, and is currently a problem with RYZEN (that AMD may or may not sort out in software) but for games you generally see about the same performance with an i7-6700K whether it's on or off.

There are however games and video conversion where it DOES benefit, so there's no point toggling it on and off.

Most of the time, depending on game settings, GPU etc the bottleneck is the graphics card.

I've done this extensively over the last few years and read many reviews already using my i7-3770K. It's a non-issue with perhaps 5% absolute worst-case losses but over 20% best-case gains.

Most stuff it's within 2%.

(though HT can produce LESS stutters nowadays aka "0.1% lows" in some games even when average FPS is the same)

Also, depending on what you're doing the CPU will usually be the gaming bottleneck anyway so as I said the HT may make no difference at all.

*It's a big hassle to go into the BIOS, come back to the game then do that for every single game. Then what? Disable it for games you gain a bit, and enables for the reverse?

It's good advice in theory to test it yourself but it's actually quite a hassle.

It wouldn't be a hassle for me. If my game performed better with HT disabled, i'd just leave it disabled. But your right, it'd have to be a significant performance difference to be worth making the change.