6700k underload temps reaching about 60

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
So I have my first loop built and I'm waiting for a 1080ti that I can buy with a factory water block. In the meantime, I am gaming and finding my temps on the cpu getting up to peaks of about 60 degrees. I keep reading other posts about people keeping their rigs much cooler. I am running an ek L360 and am looking to add a gpu to the loop, so I'm worried I don't have something working right. I want to add a gpu and fool around with some basic overclocking, but I feel like my temps are already getting to high right now.

What can I kind of troubleshoot for starters? I know I have some air bubbles in the water block yet. Waiting for those to get flushed out like my reservoir. Is there a way to check flow? That seems like a dumb question, but I kind of thought the bubbles would be out after a few days and they aren't. It's my first loop, but with an acrylic block, I thought I'd sort of be able to see the water flowing through and It seems kind of stagnant to be honest.

Thanks for any ideas.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
prime95 is designed to load the cpu hard, make it sweat, so you see if the cpu behaves well and how hot it can get, so it can make a cpu run up to 90°c, but on water this should take alot longer and only up to 70 or something like that

something you mention is interesting, you mention that water falling on the reservoir goes slowly, could be that the pump is not moving water fast enough?