Hi guys newbie here

Specs

Msi z170a gaming m7

I5 6600k

Team tforce ddr4 3000mhz

Corsair Hx1200w power supply

GTX 1070ti

Corsair h115i cooler

I recently upgraded my cpu to i7 6700k this is when the problems started my ram is very unstable with this chip I can boot into windows no problem but every time I run any stress test it fails I have narrowed this down to the ram causing the problem using aida64 I can run the stress test on the cpu for hours with no problems but if I run the test on stress system memory it always fails after 8-10 minutes I've tried xmp on and off tried different voltages tried manually settings timings updated to the latest bios ran memtest86 everything passed with no errors also I'm not overclocked yet I haven't been able to get that far everything is on stock settings

My i5 6600k has been running in this system overclocked to 4.6ghz with xmp enabled for over 6months with no problems at all I'm starting to think the i7 is faulty what do you guys think

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing what the ram kit is? A link to the ram kit will help us. Manually input ram timings, frequency and voltages in BIOS. Speaking of BIOS, which version are you on? How old is your PSU? Inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins.

Feb 2, 2019
Hi I've tried manually setting the ram timings same problem always fails system memory stress test in aida64 bios is now updated to the latest which is 1.L power supply is less than 12months old I have already tried a different power supply and it didn't help my ram kit is (Team tforce ddr4 3000mhz) I've also checked the socket for bent pins and everything is perfect

Ram kit https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team-group-vulcan-t-force-16gb-2x8gb-ddr4-pc4-24000c16-3000mhz-dual-channel-kit-grey-tlgd416g30-my-087-tg.html

Feb 2, 2019
I'm sure the cpu is faulty I just reinstalled my i5 6600k and everything is stable and smooth just ran a 2 hour pass of aida64 with no problems is there anything else you guys can think off before I return the i7