Question 6800 VS 3070 ROG STRIX

RagedAPE

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
Good afternoon,

I have on pre order a 3070 rog strix to go with a 5800x I would like to see your thoughts on if I should change it to a 6800

The 6800 is cheaper and better at frames in games by about 20fps but it performs bad in raytracing compared to 3070 and has no dlss version just yet according to benchmarks.

I will be doing 1080p 240hz IPS gaming for maximum frames in warzone but also keeping cyberpunk and future raytracing games in mind at a lower framerate respectively.

What are your thoughts, is 3070 rog good enough and should I ignore all the hype and stick with it or is the 6800 just too good to pass up?

P.S Esports games will be warzone, league of legends, maybe fortnite and apex . Triple A games will be cyberpunk / legion / Assasins creed, future games also.

Kind regards

Ape

Lutfij

Titan
I think you're going to be set with the pre-order but with most things from AMD, they only get better/mature over time. The real question I'd ask you is, can you lie without raytracing since that's the premium you're paying over AMD's card...?

Reactions: RagedAPE

RagedAPE

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
Thats a good question, personally I've been a gamer for 25 years and never had a good pc, always been bottom of the pile for graphics and fps. Now I've done it and got a good rig I feel just this once the premium for cooling and Ray tracing is worth it if the 3070 can still play good on warzone with competitive fps on a 240hz monitor, that's the ultimate aim of the rig. If you guys say it can then ill stick with the order.

P.s I can't select best answer on tablet for some reason, will try on pc tomorrow.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
Thats a good question, personally I've been a gamer for 25 years and never had a good pc, always been bottom of the pile for graphics and fps. Now I've done it and got a good rig I feel just this once the premium for cooling and Ray tracing is worth it if the 3070 can still play good on warzone with competitive fps on a 240hz monitor, that's the ultimate aim of the rig. If you guys say it can then ill stick with the order.

P.s I can't select best answer on tablet for some reason, will try on pc tomorrow.

Get the RTX 3070 . but as I said , only if you will stay at FHD resolution , Actually anything above that card for FHD is an overkill .

Last edited:

ghozt67

Commendable
Oct 23, 2018
If you really want rtx and dlss, then its the 3070. If not, still the 3070 as it is cheaper than the 6800. But if you want to go team red, then the 6800 it is.

Reactions: RagedAPE