Question 6800 XT driver crashes in Chrome when playing a video

atahann17

Commendable
Aug 4, 2020
I have 6800 XT with 22.5.1 driver.

Problem-1: When I switch to a tab in chrome that playing a video from any other application in Windows or another tab in chrome, screen goes black. When its black, I switch application with alt+tab it fixes. The driver not crashes in this situation.

Problem-2: When I watch a series in Prime Video in full screen, driver completely crashes for 5 to 10 seconds and screen stays black at this time, after that the screen comes with AMD's bug report tool.

Both problems happening when "hardware acceleration" is enabled on chrome. When it is turned off, there is no problem. Alltough, the browser experience undermined badly when its off.
I switched to Mozilla Firefox due to these problems. Its super stable and problemless even if hardware accelaration is enabled.
No problems at gaming.

Any way to fix Chrome problem? Have you guys experienced these problems or its just my PC?

D

Deleted member 362816

Never found the fix to this with my RX 6800, So it went and I bought a RTX card.

And trust me I spent days trying to figure this out.

Reactions: atahann17
D

Deleted member 362816

Indeed, this problem is frustrating. But so far, Im very pleased of card's game performance. So I dont think changing it.

I had a slew of issues with mine in older games. I have had better luck with Nvidia drivers in what I play.

Otherwise I would have kept the card.

Reactions: atahann17