6850 running hot?

mordornoob

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
I recently bought a sapphire 6850, it goes to about 57C when I run games like minecraft 0_0.
Well when I run games like Assassins Creed 2, or Dead Island, it seems to run around 72-75C. It also seems to heat up my CPU a little bit, I have a i7 2600k, and it runs around 36C when at half load, and about 44-50C at full load, well now it is spiking up to about 52-54C when I'm in more graphics intensive games, like Assassins Creed, or Dead Island, is this normal?

Solution
it depends on the core clock and gpu usage. in my experience for some older games my GTX460 will only enter half idle clock thus my temps were lower when playing those games. it does not matter if the game graphically intensive or not as long as the game let your card to use its full 3d clocks and almost 100% of gpu utilization the temperature will surely goes up.

mordornoob

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Okay, I was just wondering because I mean Minecraft is not that graphics intensive but I guess since it runs in a window and if you maximize it, it is at about 1600x900 which is my screen res atm. Just got a little scared, I'm used to my 9800 GT not going above 60C when playing games at low settings.

it depends on the core clock and gpu usage. in my experience for some older games my GTX460 will only enter half idle clock thus my temps were lower when playing those games. it does not matter if the game graphically intensive or not as long as the game let your card to use its full 3d clocks and almost 100% of gpu utilization the temperature will surely goes up.

Solution

mordornoob

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012

Thank you for clearing it up, I just freak out when I see high temps. :[ haha but very helpful!