Question 6900 Xt crashes system

Apr 12, 2021
I have a 6900 xt and whenever I start playing a game, it starts lagging... studdering I guess you would say. It crashed my PC a few times, then with another game it literally crashed the PC and I had no drivers. My resolution was set to something really low and my two other monitors had no input. I had to reinstall the software for it. I ran the CPU as default (no OC) and the problem still persisted. The GPU ran maxed at 255W and the temp was about 72 degrees and the card was not overclocked . The ONLY thing I can think of is that I have both 8 pins connected to the same rail on my PSU. My PSU is a Thermaltake 850 80+ Gold. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Edit: Checked reliability logs. Getting Errors 141 and 117 and successful removal of Ryzen Master and AMD User Experience

Last edited:
Need a few more specs.. CPU, Mobo, Ram etc. Also what make of 6900xt is it? Asus, MSI whatever.... But while Thermaltake have improved their PSU's they do have some awful ones too. Is yours the GF1 or an older model?

I would use 2 single 8 pin connectors wires and not a single wire. That is what I have on my 6800xt and never had an issue.