[SOLVED] 6900 XT No Display

Apr 8, 2021
I’ll start off by saying, I am near my wits end. This all started MONTHS ago when I had purchased a prebuilt with a 6800 XT that I couldn’t get a display on. I RMA’d that and spent a few extra dollars and got a 6900 XT thinking what are the chances I’d have the same issue... well here I am.

CPU: Ryzen 5900x
GPU: XFX Speedster Merc 319 RX 6900 XT
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
Memory: G. Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz 4X8GB F4-3600C14D
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2
Storage: 2TB M.2
Monitor: BenQ3270u

What I’ve done:

1. Flashed BIOS to f32.
  2. Reseated EVERYTHING. 14 times.
  3. Checked all components with a working GTX 1660
  4. Uninstalled, deleted, reinstalled drivers.
  5. Checked that system recognizes the card via device manager.
  6. Checked the system power draw.
  7. Tested on monitor and tv
  8. Tried DP 1.4 and HDMI 1.2
  9. Changed PCIe slots from 4.0 to 3.0
  10. Tried all PCIe slots

What I haven’t done yet:

1. Tr a PCIe riser. The motherboard chipset fan pushes on the card and I never get a good click when seating it. It is definitely secure but I wonder if there is some pressure on the slot, causing issues.

2. Trying another motherboard. I have another motherboard that came with the prebuilt. I also was originally having issues with that one.

3. trying a PSU with a higher wattage rating. The card says it requires a minimum of 850w PSU, which is what I have so I’m not sure why this would be the issue but I will attempt.

4. Under device properties I get the following error: “Windows has stopped the device because it is reporting problems (code 43).” I need to research this and see if I can correct it.

I am not sure what the chances are of me receiving two faulty graphics cards but I’d like to believe they are slim and am hoping that this is some kind of user error...

Any suggestions or assistance is appreciated.

Solution
Probably just a faulty card my dude. If the 1660 works fine on that setup you're good. Also the psu ain't a problem, in idle the card draws 32 watts. If you were losing signal once you started to put a stress on it, sure, but like this is def the card not working. Plus i see you already having an 850w. That's more than enough for that kind of system. Even if overclocked. If you had like a 650 then yeah, i would suspect the power supply, but even then you should have been fine atleast in idle. Again, if the other card works just fine the culprit can only be the new card.

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
I’ll start off by saying, I am near my wits end. This all started MONTHS ago when I had purchased a prebuilt with a 6800 XT that I couldn’t get a display on. I RMA’d that and spent a few extra dollars and got a 6900 XT thinking what are the chances I’d have the same issue... well here I am.

CPU: Ryzen 5900x
GPU: XFX Speedster Merc 319 RX 6900 XT
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
Memory: G. Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz 4X8GB F4-3600C14D
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2
Storage: 2TB M.2
Monitor: BenQ3270u

What I’ve done:

1. Flashed BIOS to f32.
  2. Reseated EVERYTHING. 14 times.
  3. Checked all components with a working GTX 1660
  4. Uninstalled, deleted, reinstalled drivers.
  5. Checked that system recognizes the card via device manager.
  6. Checked the system power draw.
  7. Tested on monitor and tv
  8. Tried DP 1.4 and HDMI 1.2
  9. Changed PCIe slots from 4.0 to 3.0
  10. Tried all PCIe slots
What I haven’t done yet:

1. Tr a PCIe riser. The motherboard chipset fan pushes on the card and I never get a good click when seating it. It is definitely secure but I wonder if there is some pressure on the slot, causing issues.

2. Trying another motherboard. I have another motherboard that came with the prebuilt. I also was originally having issues with that one.

3. trying a PSU with a higher wattage rating. The card says it requires a minimum of 850w PSU, which is what I have so I’m not sure why this would be the issue but I will attempt.

4. Under device properties I get the following error: “Windows has stopped the device because it is reporting problems (code 43).” I need to research this and see if I can correct it.

I am not sure what the chances are of me receiving two faulty graphics cards but I’d like to believe they are slim and am hoping that this is some kind of user error...

Any suggestions or assistance is appreciated.
Does the 1660 work well with the same setup?

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Then you board is good to go, i dont think your PSU is faulty wither. If possible try an higher end Nvidia card your friends one or something, if it works well with that. then you might have a problem with the AMD cards or the Seller. if its board of supply problem definitely it would have rejected the 1660. i have a hunch that a Nvidia will do well. Force code 43 it will come if there is hardware or driver issues

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Probably just a faulty card my dude. If the 1660 works fine on that setup you're good. Also the psu ain't a problem, in idle the card draws 32 watts. If you were losing signal once you started to put a stress on it, sure, but like this is def the card not working. Plus i see you already having an 850w. That's more than enough for that kind of system. Even if overclocked. If you had like a 650 then yeah, i would suspect the power supply, but even then you should have been fine atleast in idle. Again, if the other card works just fine the culprit can only be the new card.

Reactions: coolraveen
Solution