Lasterrett

Reputable
Jul 12, 2017
With GPU prices starting to come down it’s got me wanting to upgrade. I have a 2070 super at the moment but my greed wants more. I’m running a Ryzen 9 3900x on a Gigabyte x570 elite. 32 GB DDR4 3200 mhz RAM. 1000 watt Corsair PSU (modular). I have the OS on an NVme (3rd gen) unfortunately. I feel like a have a pretty solid foundation and with the CPU and PSU recently upgraded I feel like the missing link is the new GPU. I’m torn between the AMD 6900xt vs any 30 series other than the 3090 which is way to high. I’m not super experienced and only know what I know. Before I buy I like to know peoples opinions and what they’d buy. Buyers remorse can really suck sometimes and with a big purchase I don’t want it. So feel free to give opinions on any of my setup and importantly which GPU you’d get with my current setup! 🤙

Solution
The 6900xt is faster in a lot of games than the 3080, unless you are playing a game with DLSS. That's the game changer. AMD also has the consoles in their corner which means games will more often than not be optimized for the red team. It all depends on what you wanna play. I primarily play COD multiplayer and DLSS makes 144hz possible on my 34" ultrawide with a RTX 3060ti. The other games I play are easy to drive with no DLSS. Review some benches of games you like or are likely to play and see who wins out.

Lasterrett

Reputable
Jul 12, 2017

AB2647

Prominent
Jul 12, 2021
I could buy another case and just have 2 PCs 😂

One for gaming, and one for streaming, streamers do that sometimes. There are just things about these two cards that I can't let go of. And honestly FPS is not too much of an issue for me, been playing at 30-60 for a long time, I wonder if 90 is going to make any difference. Haven't played in a 60+ Hz refresh rate monitor though, so there's that. Custom NVidia cards are so... exotic looking, like Zotac Trinity, meanwhile XFX and Sapphire are still going with the old school and rectangular design (except Sapphire Toxic).

The 6900xt is faster in a lot of games than the 3080, unless you are playing a game with DLSS. That's the game changer. AMD also has the consoles in their corner which means games will more often than not be optimized for the red team. It all depends on what you wanna play. I primarily play COD multiplayer and DLSS makes 144hz possible on my 34" ultrawide with a RTX 3060ti. The other games I play are easy to drive with no DLSS. Review some benches of games you like or are likely to play and see who wins out.

Solution